RIP- Rick Craig of Selah Audio...

He died of a heart attack this weekend.

This is sad. Rick was one of the 3-4 people that were present at my first experience in hifi, about year 2000. I've told the story before a few times, but;
We met in Ft Wayne down on HWY 24, IIRC. Rick was in town from NC visiting his folks in FW, who still resided here at that time. JeffB, Rick, myself and another fellow I don't remember met at Applebee's. 4th guy left after lunch. Rick's folks eventually moved to Indy where we also met once more about 2005.
After lunch we went further into town to a HiFi shop which is now closed. I heard Jennifer Warnes played on B&W Nautilus 801, via a massive McIntosh tube amp. I was the inexperienced one here, and Jeff/Rick agreed that the treble was sssibilant, and that the bass was okay but didn't extend all that deeply for a 15" woofer. We all thought the mid was spectacular.

He was what I consider one of my mentors, and will be missed. He has touched many a soul through his speaker-designing business, and I've not heard of a disappointment with any of his products.

He really knew his stuff.

Wolf

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick designed my speakers for me in 2003. We always met up at RMAF when he exhibited and I attended, which was every year for the first 7-8 shows.
I still use the speakers Rick designed as they are just superb in every way. Rick was one of the best at speaker design and a really good person in every way.

You just never know!!!!!

Good designer, Rick Craig. I liked his stuff.

532765d1456057805-classic-monitor-designs-mtm-scanspeak-raal-ribbon-selah-audio-jpg

This is one of his excellent designs. I used to post the image a lot whilst discussing MTTM designs, until I got a frosty PM from him.

I was neglecting to credit him... :eek:

Ah well... :(

I am working on the final design that Rick did for me. I paid for the parts & design work & everything arrived in good shape so I put it away for my winter project.
The problem is that he sent everything but the xover schematic.. I think I have it worked out based on listening but my knowledge of xovers is pretty basic.

Did anyone take over for or would have access to Ricks work?