Tim De Paravicini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Tim de Paravicini, RIP

I wondered if anyone has more information or confirmation of what I just read on the Steve Hoffman website, posted by member Davis Fischer:

Tim de Paravicini, RIP | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Here is the quote:

Just saw on Part-time Audiophile's Facebook post the sad news that Tim de Paravicini has passed away from his battle with cancer. Here is the post:

"Positive Feedback has just received the very sad news that Tim deParavicini, the audio design genius of E.A.R., has passed away from cancer.
Tim was a very good friend, and a brilliant audio artist over decades. He will be greatly missed by all of us who knew him and had great respect for his work.
Positive Feedback will be publishing a memoriam about Tim ASAP."

Sad news. I lost two great engineer friends in the past 2 months. First Lukas Louw with whom I worked with in South Africa and brought him with me to the USA as partner at Zed Audio. I knew Lukas since 1975.

Tim I met in Johannesburg at a company Sounds International during 1970. We became friends almost immediately and remained so until he left for Luxman in 1972.

He was a genius in my opinion. I watched him install a 5.0l V8 into an old Volvo B122 in the street outside his aprtment. He simply had a knack of being able to work with anything mechanical or electronic.

Worked with him rewinding the output tranny for a McIntosh MC3500 and that led me to my desire to own these amplifiers. I do now own a pair of MI350s, the industrial version.

The last time I saw Tim was when he visited me in Los Angeles 2004and we spent some great time going over old times.

Tim may you rest in peace old friend and all the best to your family.

Your old friend,

Stephen Mantz - Zed Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.