Member passing Lukas Louw

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Ken, its Mary Ann, Luke's wife, I'm so sorry to do this over skype. We didn't know if he had your number or not. Luke passed away on Wednesday night. He was surrounded by the people he loved. Keep him in your prayers

a quote form his wife on the txt message i received.

I'm sure may will recognize his name from the forum on here. Lukas was a great guy , good friend, and a true lover of audio, not to mention a damn good engineer and designer.

He will be truely missed!

Lukas Louw

To all,

Lukas (I only called him Luke) was a super guy whose gentle nature touched all. Lukas and I met in Johannesburg, South Africa in 1975 when he worked for a client of mine. We shared premises so I worked closely with Luke everyday. He left for a couple of years and then in 1979 he came to work for me in our amplifier manufacturing company.

In 1982 I spoke to Luke about my plans to immigrate to the USA and asked if he wanted to join me as a partner at Zed Audio.

We flew in on the 4th August 1983. Luke stayed in NJ for a month to help out at Hifonics and I came to CA.

Luke left Zed in 1991 to move full time to NJ with Hifonics.

Sadly we lost touch in 2003.

Luke was a fine engineer and contributed so much to what we were doing at Zed Audio.

One of the most talented people I had the privilege of working with.

Luke my old friend rest in peace and may the Lord be with you.

Steve Mantz - Zed Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.