RIP Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great guy and smart engineer, a huge loss to the audio community.
I like to think him as the master of clock.

I learned a lot from him.
It is thanks to him that I became passionate about clock and finally I built a pair of state of the art oscillators.

I was in his lab in 2018, I was leaving Texas to Colorado Rocky Mountain and he told me how many times he drived that route to meet Charlie Hansen in Boulder.
I will keep the memory in my heart.

R.I.P. Patrick

@scott wurcer
Scott, I know he didn't hate you, he had the utmost respect for you, it was just his way of writing on audio forums but in his private life he was quite another person, a very good guy.

This picture breaks my since I never got around seeing his lab but heard so much about when he was building it. He looks like is in pain in the picture and I hate that this will probably be the last picture I see of him. The last project we did together was installing a German Garage door opener in my garage a couple of
years ago. He fell off the ladder and I pinched two fingers and drew blood (mine)
The opener survived a tornado that sucked the center of the garage door so far out that it looked like my garage was going to have twins.

@scott wurcer
Scott, I know he didn't hate you, he had the utmost respect for you, it was just his way of writing on audio forums but in his private life he was quite another person, a very good guy.

I know that and the feeling was mutual, I only disagree with ideas I never disrespected the person. I'm sad we could never listen together on a common ground.

Andreas,

So you better understand the context - even at my first conversation with Pat about his selected clocks - I could tell his comments about you were "bait" - he really wanted to discuss this subject with someone as interested and interesting as you.

I know he enjoyed your visit and took it as the compliment you intended it to be.

Plus if the conversation was as spirited as I expect it was, it kept him happy for days on end.

Rick,

I'm very glad to hear from you that Pat enjoyed my visit.
He was proud to show me his lab instruments (the TimePod over of all), and the technical conversation was very interesting.

But also he enjoyed talking about our trip, always with his sense of humor.
I remember he named Childress as an "odd city" and Galvestone as a "smelly city".

I will never forget Pat and I hope it is not forgotten by the audio community.

Here is my tribute to Patrick.
The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I’m a bit lost for words and that doesn’t happen often. I vividly remember the endless banter myself and Jocko engaged in, spiked with various tidbits of worthwhile info, it was hilarious and informative at the same time. Jocko was a unique character with a wealth of knowledge he was willing to share if you were willing to put in a bit of effort. You’ll be missed Jocko, thanks for all you’ve contributed to the DIY community!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.