About Bjorno...

Hi diyAudio community,

I have some unfortunate news, my dad (bjorno) passed away at an age of 71 last monday due to a rupture of the main aorta close to the stomach which obviously means that he won't be posting anything here anymore. I know that he spent a lot of his time helping people at this forum and that he probably wants his posts to remain for people to read and to seek guidance from, but other than that his account should be locked or something maybe some moderator can take care of that.

Just wanted everybody to know so nobody asks him anything in vain and decided to post here in sub-woofers section since he spent most of his time here in later years, sorry for the bad news.

Best regards Rick.

My deep condolences, Rick, and with real feeling. I suffered this dreadful accident in 2012 and I just managed to survived. I had 23 hours combined of surgery and 29 days in medical coma, it was quite an extraordinary time in my life. Along with side effects, I suffered a stroke and lost my speech so had to recover from a long way behind. Most people could not come back from his age; I was only 61. Your Father would have had huge damage to his body even if he had survived.

My deep sympathies.........

HD

Bjorno always amazed me with his generosity and knowledge. Someone would ask "is this possible?" and he'd cross-check the specs of the speaker, and then come up with a couple of different designs including recommendations for internal damping etc.

He'll be sorely missed.

Chris