RIP: Jeff Bagby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just found out Jeff Bagby passed away from a Facebook post.

Javad Shadzi‎ posted this today,

Everyone, it devastates me to tell you that Jeff Bagby passes away this morning.

It just keeps hitting me in new and profound ways at how much he’ll be missed, I’m really struggling to find any words to describe how terrible his loss is...

He was one of the most remarkable people I’ve ever known.

Please share a sympathy or memory about what Jeff meant to you, if you ever had the chance to know him you’ll likely have a story about how he touched you.

Terrible news. Rest in Peace, Jeff, and best wishes for his family and loved ones.

Remember him from ages upon ages ago when I lurked the Madisound listserv. Certainly his contributions to amateur (professional?) speaker building are extensive.

Horrible news.

I was a member of that group up to fairly recently until I had to deactivate Facebook due to personal circumstances. I miss the conversation there and now deeply regret not being around for these last few months.

Jeff was a smart guy who would created tools to help the DIY speaker building community and gave them away freely. He also wrote several papers aimed at non-engineers explaining best practices in loudspeaker design to deal with acoustic issues. He designed crossovers for several loudspeaker kits for various outlets and asked for little or no compensation for his efforts. He made himself freely available on internet fora to answer questions about his designs and/or add his $.02 to a contentious topic.

He has several loudspeaker designs that have been widely acclaimed, his Continuum possibly being his personal favorite. I myself have assembled several of his designs, including his micro monitors (The Quarks) which I have in my kitchen and absolutely love.

I never knew him personally but his loss is felt deeply, not just in the field of DIY loudspeaker building but as a great loss for the greater DIY audio community.

Rest In Peace, Jeff

Very sad to hear. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

A great loss for the DIY community. Whenever a discussion happens on what are good designs/kits to build, it is most common to see designs by Jeff Bagby getting recommended.

Rest in peace sir.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.