Chu Moy passed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
See Chu Moy tribute and archive site

In very early years of the internet, he was posting headphone-related reviews and articles withOUT any ads or payola.

He developed a fine *small* battery headphone amp for hi-Z headphones, and wrote it up SO well that nearly any fool could build it. Many-many folks did. (He really should have asked a kick-back from Altoids for bumping sales of tinned candy.)

He apparently did a major up-write on some existing forum software and made what I still consider to be an excellent blend of power and performance and style.

He was a gentle calm influence on his little community. Sharp words and flames seem to have been put-out before I saw them.

Because he funded this all with spare change, HeadWize tended to go dark at the end of the month when host quota was exceeded. Myself and apparently others offered different forms of support, Moy declined.

Another (ad-supported?) forum developed to take the slack when HeadWize was down, and grew. Then there was a server crash, forum contents lost. cMoy continued hosting articles and wrote some new reviews, then it vanished.

I have high regard for his forum software. I have high regard for his forum leadership, a job I have done and not so well. His articles, and those he published from others, are exceptionally well done.

He is missed, even a decade+ after HeadWize's demise.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Came across this in old mail:
attachment.php

Attachments

• HeadWize-Register-2007.gif
    HeadWize-Register-2007.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 720
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.