Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam A place to remember diyAudio members, mods, and other audio personalities no longer with us....

Susumu Sakuma
Susumu Sakuma
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2018, 03:43 AM   #11
vinylkid58 is offline vinylkid58  Canada
diyAudio Member

Susumu Sakuma
Rest In Peace Sakuma-san.
Old 10th January 2019, 07:22 PM   #12
Inductor is offline Inductor  Portugal
diyAudio Member

I knew him from the videos. RIP legendary Mr. Susumu Sakuma.
Old 22nd January 2019, 06:16 PM   #13
kstlfido is offline kstlfido  United States
diyAudio Member

Very sad. His article in SP was great inspiration for me. His ideas and creations have and will continue to inspire others. Sail on, Susumu Sakuma!
Old 12th February 2019, 09:02 PM   #14
joaobernarda is offline joaobernarda  Portugal
diyAudio Member

One of the things i really regret of not doing in my life was not to be able to visit him at Concorde. A true inspiration for me.
Till one day master Sakuma.
Old 29th June 2019, 05:49 AM   #15
glowingglobe is offline glowingglobe  United States
diyAudio Member

Default A great loss

I just discovered that Sakuma-san passed away. Had not been to the Direct Heating web page in a while. First learned about him from the magazine, Sound Practices. Was just learning about triode amps at that time. In 2002, traveled to Japan on vacation with my fianc. I managed to somehow figure out how to use the trains to get to his restaurant. My fianc thought I was a bit nutty trying to find a guy in Japan who built tube amps. We got to dine there and meet Sakuma-san, his wife and his daughter. He kindly played jazz on many of his different amplifiers and loudspeakers. It was truly the best day of my audio life. The Concorde restaurant was an amazing place. Probably nothing like it anywhere else in the world. When I got back home to San Francisco, I went to the Kinokuniya bookstore and immediately got a subscription to MJ Audio magazine after learning that that is where Sakuma-san published his amplifier articles. Followed him that way over the years. His enthusiasm for vacuum tube audio was certainly one of the greatest inspirations to me to build my own equipment for great sound. One day, when I get more free time, I want to finally get around to building that push pull 845 amp that was featured on the cover of that Sound Practices magazine. For now, I will mourn his passing, miss his presence in the audio world, feel sad that I will never be able to go back to the Concorde restaurant. But, I feel so very fortunate and happy that I got a chance to meet him, shake his hand, enjoy his cooking, enjoy his vinyl and amplifiers and enjoy his wonderful presence. Rest in peace!

Susumu SakumaHide this!Advertise here!