RIP Siegfried Linkwitz

You indulged many of us with such a plenty of ideas and knowledge, now we eagerly feel that you left us too soon.
Time to let you go. Nevetheless, you are alive and will be in your legacy.

Mr. Nelson Pass, in his rememberance of SL, cleverly defined one remarkable aspect of his friend:
"He was able to deconstruct big problems into little ones, create solutions and reassemble them into coherent concepts."
( https://www.dagogo.com/siegfried-linkwitz-1935-2018/)

One year on from this sad event, and I am glad to note that his linkwitzlab.com website is still live.

Does anyone know if any measures have been taken to ensure that his site, with its wisdom and huge ongoing value to audiophiles, is not about to disappear and be lost?

Perhaps permission could be sought to set up a mirror of his site on a more inherently enduring platform? Just thinking out loud. Even diyaudio.com would be a potential home, with more than a little relevance.

cheers

One year on from this sad event, and I am glad to note that his linkwitzlab.com website is still live.

Does anyone know if any measures have been taken to ensure that his site, with its wisdom and huge ongoing value to audiophiles, is not about to disappear and be lost?

Perhaps permission could be sought to set up a mirror of his site on a more inherently enduring platform? Just thinking out loud. Even diyaudio.com would be a potential home, with more than a little relevance.

cheers

When Siegfried was administering his website and sales he offered all of his site's contents on a CD for a token fee. I wonder if they will do the same now since it is unlikely there will be more technical advances on their designs.

It may be worth reaching out to Frank or Eike...

I asked Frank, and he said they will not be producing a CD of the site. I guess the question goes away since the site is stable and maintained.

However he suggested that there might third party download packages that could be used to grab the entire site.

I haven't looked for any of those, so leave it up to anyone here that might want to give that a shot.

Just received word that Siegfried Linkwitz passed away peacefully.

A gifted speaker designer who generously gave from his time and knowledge to many of us. His presentations and demos at the many Burning Amp festivals he attended were always packed. He will be sadly missed.

Thoughts go out to his wife Eike and his children.

Jan
Had the pleasure of working with him briefly at Hewlett Packard.

Reactions: 1 user
Had the pleasure of working with him briefly at Hewlett Packard.
Jan he generated many HP patents at the time as author only, he was actually commended for his work several years Bill and Dave personally, of course all I recall these messages went to every one of the then 300K+ employees, which was one of the most technologically influential and largest companies in the world. It was an amazing experience, getting an e-mail from Dave or Bill, copying ALL. This company culture became a cult following, if you recall. I have never experienced such personal connection with any owner of any company before. I went as what they called neophyte or something, I came all the way from the other end of the world! Furthermore, I chose to spend some time one Sunday in the 3 weeks playing with then newly developed, not yet announced HP8510. But sadly it was locked away, I left a note for whomever is responsible why we cannot see it and play with it in our own time.
Next morning arriving at Signal Analysis Division there was a note on the store door handwritten and sign my Dave Packard. This will not happen to any member of the family that came all the way from....... They are as important to us as I am. The HP Way

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user