RIP Siegfried Linkwitz

Trust the engineer, take the leap!

I sit in my den almost nightly, watching TV and listening to music as though the sound emanate from the actors' mouths on the screen or some location between the speakers but never from the speakers themselves. They truly disappear!

Once in a while, I would visit the Linkwitz Lab site and the Oplug to see if there are any tweaks to the LX521 worth implementing... None that my 45-17k hz hearing would deem worthwhile...

I pity the audio folks who judge the quality of stereo reproduction based on their system's cost and wow factor to impress their peers. If they would only give dear Siegfried Linkwitz's creations a listen, build even the most modest model and experience how transparent, accurate and pleasant speakers can really be...

Some of us lucky few, took the leap of faith, took on the challenge and were rewarded with stereo sound reproduction that none of the commercially available units can match, at least in my little Canadian city.

Rarely do you ever see an individual share his passion, expertise and magic so freely to the willing. Sadly, we will not see any new revelations in stereo reproduction until the next prodigy is born. It is doubtful this will happen in my life time.

It's time for me to dust off the LXmini's and build them as a tribute.

Thank you Siegfried... Thank you for saving me from becoming an "audiophile"...