Mauro Penasa tragically passed away

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sadly reporting that Mauro Penasa (mauropenasa here on diyAudio) tragically died in a motorbike crash, the past Friday, June 16th.
His contribution to diyAudio (MY_REF and audhiopile LM3886 among many other amplifiers) will be never forgotten.

I'm sharing Mauro's passion for audio design, and I had the honor and the blessing to work with him until few years ago (he was by far the best hardware engineer I ever worked with, active in biomedical equipment's design).

But, much more than that, Mauro was such a rare mix of gifted and deeply kind person, truly devoted to family life. He will always remain in my heart, and I like to dream that one day he will be able to teach us - again - some other clever design solution...

Most sincere condolences to his family, in this painful time.
Gianluca Generali

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish his family will get through this pain as it is the living we must now help.

For me, his amplifier shows a good deal of imagination and great engineering. I have been tempted to try something similar, using a tube front end with his current-pump output stage inside the feedback loop of a pentode or similar. You see, how he inspires. Great attitude from his postings too. He will be missed.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.