Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam A place to remember diyAudio members, mods, and other audio personalities no longer with us....

R.I.P. kegger
R.I.P. kegger
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2017, 01:48 PM   #11
sootboots is offline sootboots  Canada
diyAudio Member

Kegger.... Your soul is free in a new world now. Our world is a better place for your having been here. R.I.P.
Old 4th June 2017, 02:26 AM   #12
phase is offline phase  United States
diyAudio Member

That's horrible news.
I can only hope that his parents can recover as good as possible.
Old 4th June 2017, 07:49 PM   #13
Andyman is offline Andyman  United States
diyAudio Member

Kegger was my best friend and massive storehouse of information on all things tubes. His contributions here and on other forums have helped many in their quest for better sound. The family would appreciate any and all help in dealing with his untimely loss and final expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-m...d-funeral-fund

Please feel free to share this link via whatever social media or forums you can or contribute whatever you feel comfortable with; I know the family will appreciate it.

As an update, his mother has been discharged to her daughter for home care as her two broken wrists render her arms useless, and his father is doing well after a 5 hour surgery yesterday. He suffer a head injury, heart injury, a broken pelvis and two collapsed lungs in the impact.

Thank you in advance for your kind thoughts and support in his family's time of need.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:41 AM   #14
Bandersnatch is offline Bandersnatch  United States
diyAudio Member

Default R.I.P. Paul 'Kegger' Mckechnie

On Thursday, the 1st of June Paul was taken from us in a tragic traffic accident. Y'all likely know him best as Kegger, a tube amp designer and builder extraordinaire. He was a friend of mine, and I miss him terribly.

The details of the accident are here:
Suspects in Roseville fatal hit-and-run were fleeing with...

The AK tribute and notice is here:
R.I.P. Kegger | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Please take note of the Go Fund Me link.

Douglas
Old 5th June 2017, 02:54 AM   #15
VictoriaGuy is offline VictoriaGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member

R.I.P. kegger
Kegger gave me a lot of (online) help a few years ago when I was building a tube amp project.
He was a very straightforward and generous person.
He will be missed.
Old 5th June 2017, 04:29 AM   #16
AmadeusMozart is offline AmadeusMozart  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

RIP. I'll always remember his help when I was designing my amplifier.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:15 PM   #17
jeric is offline jeric
diyAudio Member

Default Estate Sale of Kegger's

Vintage Electronics Builder/Collector's Sale,... starts on 9/8/2018

"This is the sale for the tech oriented as it basically is the collection, shop, and inventory of an internet tube amp/speaker builder and enthusiast known online in many vintage audio and DIY electronics forums as "Kegger". It features many vintage tube and solid state amplifiers and receivers, speakers, loose drivers, crossover components, and thousands and thousands of thousands of tubes . There is also test gear and bench tools. Brands include Marantz, Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood, Luxman, Heathkit, Tektronix, Eico, Magnavox, Altec, JBL, Wharefedale, ADS, EPI, BIC and others."

R.I.P. keggerHide this!Advertise here!