The passing of a great contributor - richiem-Dick Moore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Davada has made me aware that we all lost a great friend last Saturday. Dick Moore (richiem) passed away from complications of diabetes. I know many of you will miss his sincere efforts to help others out.

Please feel free to share memories you have concerning Dick. He has helped me and I know many more of you are out there.

-Chris

I just heard about Dicks passing not to long ago.
We'll miss him.

Funny, Dick was discussing the name because there were three or
more Rich, Richard, Dick on one of the threads and someone asked
him how to pronounce it (his screen name).
He said it's (Rich-EE-M) not (Rich-EYE-M)
and I enjoyed addressing him as RichEEM. : )

Ride the airwaves and enjoy!

See you on the flip side.

Chris,
Thank you for letting us know. He's been extremely helpful and kind with me in some pretty tedious, but also very illuminating work on my IG-18 (which he obviously was a master of).
Very sorry to hear about this and also, on a personal note, I deeply regret not getting to know him better and learn/collaborate more from and with him.
May he rest in peace! He'll be definitely remembered here by so many members.
Radu.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Radu,
I didn't know him personally either, but a friend of mine, davada, let me know directly. It turns out that I started this thread after davada made an announcement in the
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equipment-tools/205304-low-distortion-audio-range-oscillator.html thread.
... here is that post
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equipment-tools/205304-low-distortion-audio-range-oscillator-106.html#post4511602
Dick not only helped me a few times, but his web site was also pretty darned helpful too. His help was surgical in nature. He nailed the exact issue with good explanations every time. If he didn't know, he would come right out and say so.

I had a great deal of respect for Dick, and I wish there had been a chance to interact with him more directly. I'm sure he will be missed by many who even only read various threads instead of posting (lurkers - in a good way).

-Chris

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hmmm... this is delayed but I only just noticed this thread ... I didn't know Dick Moore personally either but he was very helpful indeed in letting me send an IG-18 from a seller in the US to him - and then sending it further on to Denmark where I live. Also he helped MUCH in relation to a rebuild of the same IG-18.

As it is I remember learning from him that he had some grand-children that he enjoyed reading books for ... Now, if heaven or what it may be termed is differently free than earth then maybe he can now read - or be read to - or just enjoy life on a different level.

I wish you well & send you my thanks ...

Jesper

Is this the Dick Moore that worked for Klipsch in the early '70's? It has to be. Greatly saddened to hear of his passing.

Dick was very generous to me about the proverbial forty years ago, turning me on to both Audio Amateur and Carlos Casteneda. I still have a 3/32 screwdriver with his initials carved in the handle.

RIP,
Chris

Is this the Dick Moore that worked for Klipsch in the early '70's? It has to be. Greatly saddened to hear of his passing.

Dick was very generous to me about the proverbial forty years ago, turning me on to both Audio Amateur and Carlos Casteneda. I still have a 3/32 screwdriver with his initials carved in the handle.

RIP,
Chris

Yes it is.

Dick and Paul Klipsch where very close friends as well as colleges.

I developed a close friendship with Dick in his last few years. There can't be a more decent guy than Dick. He will be forever in my mind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.