compressit - RIP, mon ami...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today I learned that my friend, and fellow audio enthusiast Rick Nack, known here as "compressit" passed away in early November.

Rick was a great guy, who came with an open mind and without a big ego, and a positive attitude. He turned me on to the F5 as an actual physical amplifier, since he built one pretty early on. He and I worked through some iterations and variations in implementations and tests. The end result was arguably the best sounding amp I have ever put on my compression driver/horn combo.

Rick was also a bass player, who played out in our local area (upper Hudson Valley, NY).

He succumbed to a rather aggressive form of cancer. Which, in a nutshell really sucked, more so for him and his family than me, but there was nothing fair about that. Rick was not all that old, and had a boy who is really going to miss his Dad at his stage of life. He brought his kid over a few times when we were doing audio stuff, sweet kid.

Funny how this goes sometimes...
...seems like one doesn't meet all that many first-rate people in one's life, Rick was one. Going to miss his phone calls and visits, talking about parts and bias points, power supplies and other strange audio ideas.

_-_-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.