Amar Bose, Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all he was from this country, sort of.

I am not any analyst and has no knowledge of business, but as living in this place, has some observations.

There are so many(and also were) rich businesses here. These businessman did nothing else than make more money, and more money.

Their next model car would have a tail light design change and nothing else absolutely.

There was a scooter sold in India. It's model was Priya made by Bajaj. It had a very serious problem which could be very easily solved. If you pushed its steering bar to one side, it would get locked and u have to release it by unlocking with a key. Imagine this happening to somebody while driving it. This was never solved.
Currently, he is making more money by importing chinese made products stamped Bajaj(brand) on it.
I have a Maruti Suzuki Alto. Do you know how to open its locked doors. Just slide a brochure paper near the handle and you have an unlocked car. My car contents are all yours now.

I was walking around an open air shopping center yesterday and it was full of piped in music, mostly jazz. The speakers were Bose outdoor garden types. They sounded surprisingly full and smooth.

I think that the "sound field" products (the cubes) are probably his lasting legacy - they provide aesthetically packaged, pleasant ambient music in many, many places that would normally have the worst of screech boxes (cafes, non-audiophile homes with "lifestyle" systems).

I also much preferred lugging the 802s & 302s (the PA version of the 901 series) to small gigs than W bins and horns.

There are few companies that address the high-S.A.F. music (not audiophile) system with products that actually sound any good. I can only really think of B&O & Tivoli (with an honorable mention to Audio Innovations for the Alto)

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
- they provide aesthetically packaged, pleasant ambient music in many, many places that would normally have the worst of screech boxes (cafes, non-audiophile homes with "lifestyle" systems).
Very good point, had not thought of it that way - but very true. Whether we like his speakers or not, the commerical line is much better than so much of what is installed in public places. The Bose install stuff is not "screech boxes".

Very good point, had not thought of it that way - but very true. Whether we like his speakers or not, the commerical line is much better than so much of what is installed in public places. The Bose install stuff is not "screech boxes".

i've been to quite a few places with bose ceiling installations .

i can't say that those were any better.

perhaps not worse ...

Zwln1fU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.