Dr. Arthur Loesch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heh, you knew Jim Allen? Did you ever make it up here for one of our meetings?

He was quite a character.

_-_-bear

Yep, I knew Big Jim well! He went to HS with my two older brothers up in Rotterdam... I actually bought Jim's Klipsch Cornwalls with some other gear of his... ended up with Jim's WE 437A transformer coupled preamp (Eurodice chassis)... Jim convinced me to head to Florida to pick-up a pair of mint Rosewood K-horns (still have those) ;also have Bruce Layton's 12" dual concentric Tannoy's in custom cherry cabinets (MusicSeeker cabs); I think Arthur was involved in the external crossover design with Dave Meraner... I think I have Bear Labs Silver Streak speaker cables on them along with some Kimber wire!!!...

I could go on & on about stories about Jim (his cars - Citroens, Porsche); his revolving audio collection from McIntosh, vacuum tubes galore, every amp & preamp that Arthur designed & John Wiesner built along with Steve Short, his other hobbies (fishing escapades), WaspLab - the bee man from Cornell University, yadda, yadda, yadda... Never made it to one of your meetings but I heard the stories...

I miss Jim & now Arthur... sad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.