W. M. Leach passed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've always admired him for his original work and profound depth of understanding that was the basis for his advancing audio electronics design. A true engineer in many senses of the phrase- he helped to set things straight in a field that perennially suffers from much hype and pseudo-science.

A sad day. If we progress by "standing on the shoulders of giants" I suppose there'll be one less giant to depend upon.

A true Southern Gentleman

Marshall's passing is a tragic loss for everyone who knew him and for all of the audio enginerring and audiophile community. A true Southern Genttleman who was brilliant, generous and gifted in his ability to explain things to others. He will be sorely missed and his work and accomplishments will be long remembered.

Sadly,
Bob

A new viewpoint

It's sad to hear that Mr.Leach is no longer with us. I'm really grateful to him for the articles he wrote.
However , while he might not be able to give us more " electronic inputs " it might be interesting to know where he's gone .....!
Check out my thread at :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/178225-you-really-going-dead.html#post2382490

Please post opinions there on " that subject " . We'd like DIYAUDIO members to post their opinions for or against.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Just learned of this :(

His website was invaluable to me when I first started to pick up the interest in audio electronics. Today I am still a fan of the Triple Darlington output stage as used in the Leach Amp. I really hope Georgia Tech keeps his website in place as it is an invaluable resource.

Here's hoping that Georgia Tech will keep his personal webpages up and running. Perhaps DIYAUDIO could host them, or compile as a series of PDFs.

I mailed Georgia Tech today about this. Here is the response I got:

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your note. I know that there is a great desire from our alumni and many others to keep his website online, especially speaker and amplifier designs. We're hearing a lot of the same sentiments from alumni, and I'll share what you all have expressed with our associate chairs in the ECE academic office as well as our school chair.

Thanks again,

Jackie

So here's hoping they keep it alive.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Here's hoping that Georgia Tech will keep his personal webpages up and running. Perhaps DIYAUDIO could host them, or compile as a series of PDFs.

Seems a decade ago we had discussed the disappearance of the OnSemi/Motorola '8599 used in his amplifiers and I was able to source them.

I'd be more than happy to host his webpages as a subdirectory on diyAudio.

I mailed Georgia Tech today about this. Here is the response I got:

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your note. I know that there is a great desire from our alumni and many others to keep his website online, especially speaker and amplifier designs. We're hearing a lot of the same sentiments from alumni, and I'll share what you all have expressed with our associate chairs in the ECE academic office as well as our school chair.

Thanks again,

Jackie

So here's hoping they keep it alive.

Jackie, let me know what you find out, and feel free to mention my offer to them.

Cheers,

Jason

If Georgia Tech chooses to delete Dr. Leach's web information will it still be held in the Internet Archives? I am continually revisiting the website to reread something I missed the fifth or sixth time I read it.
There is so much useless information on the W.W.W. it would be a real loss to have Dr. Leach's contribution tossed.
I have learned much from this man from his website. And have a lot more to learn.

Tad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.