how can i fix this

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am a hobbyist and does not have deep knowledge, so any help would be gratefull.
my swans m59w blew up because of delivery of excessive voltage and on inspection i can see that there is fault in amplifier chip. the amplifier ic tda7294 blew up and i dont know what to do now. i dont have a circuit diagram so i dont know about all the components that need to be replaced and i cant find a replacement of full board either. what do u guys suggest

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_203422.jpg
    IMG_20201208_203422.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20201208_201040.jpg
    IMG_20201208_201040.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 182
Looks to be catastrophic.

It is possible to replace all the affected parts but the PCB looks to be damaged. When the PCB gets carbonised, it becomes conductive which is not good.

I'm not familiar with the product this board came out of but there are TDA7294 boards on places like Amazon / Ali but beware the chips aren't always legit.

Is it a Holton Precision Audio product you had? I don't see it in their product list and wonder why you post in their forum space?

What is a: "swans m59w" anyway?

Google shows nothing.

That board looks destroyed beyond repair anyway.

Besides the exploding chipamp,the other one on its left is very probably dameged or dead, since both got same high voltage.

Did you plug 110V stuff into 220V mains?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.