New NXL500 R5 dual mono with center channel build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. It starts!!

L and R power amp dual mono based on the 500. And added a center channel with a NXV201PS to hopefully get a better center channel than the denon AVR4520.

The case is quite large but it's still a tight fit.
Center channel is trigger activated only from the AVR and has LED on front panel to show it's on. LR dual mono main amp has push button on front with LED and also trigger option from the AVR as well.
IMG_3339[1].jpg

Well, I admit, I made a screwup. Connected the AC out of the toroid for the center channel (NXV201PS) and got my two windings mixed up. Due to inattention rather than inability!! booger.... Blew 2 rectifying diodes right off the board.
Thanks to Anthony's excellent advice I have some more ordered - looks like no damage done to the amp board itself. She is coming along (ignore the crooked power controller at center, it's got some standoffs coming):
IMG_3352 (Large).jpeg
IMG_3351 (Large).jpeg
IMG_3353 (Large).jpeg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.