Nxl800 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I recently bought the amp built by hyper My NXL800 Amp Build
Really impressed with its ability to drive my kingsound King electrostatic! I used to biamp with a mini- DSP 4x8 but I have know reinstalled the crossovers and they have never sounded better. I run the subs through the minidsp with the stats straight from the amp.

However with a transformer half the recommended I am wondering what I am missing out on. Should I get a 2k VA transformer or power the input stages with a smaller transformer with or without a nxvolt unit or 2? Would anyone be interested in a Supreme 1200VA transformer? The nxvolt instructions Anthony sent me don't mention the 800 amp. Will one nxvolt power 2 X nxl800 amps? If so do I need one 200va transformer?

Or, should I just get a 200va 2x65v transformer and an unregulated supply. I can get a 300va, 2x 60v toroid for around $130 from element14. A 200Va from toroidal will cost around AUD 250.
Or, should I be happy with a great amp at a great price?

All sugestions welcome.
Thanks,
Kffern

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.