Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Holton Precision Audio High quality, high performance amplifier modules and accessories

Old 4th May 2018, 05:27 AM   #1
The Saint is offline The Saint  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Balanced Class A Pre-Amplifier

Holton 101 Pre-Amplifier Update!

Go to this Link for photo's

Holton Balanced Class A Pre-Amplifier One-Zero-One - Holton Precision Audio - StereoNET

The Holton One-Zero-One Pre-Amplifier boards have finally arrived this afternoon, Here is a few quick photos of a mock-up of the preamp.

Its going to be a fun weekend, myself and my friend Mike Cruse from Definium Technologies will be assembling and programming a couple of these boards over the next couple of days.

More photos and updates to come very soon.

I will be trying out a couple of different opamp types to see which ones perform the best both subjectively and objectively.

Be sure to stay tuned and please add some comments. 😀
Old 20th June 2018, 08:28 PM   #2
BigE is offline BigE  Canada
diyAudio Member

What dates are you planning for availability, and what sort of options are you offering?
Old 20th June 2018, 11:40 PM   #3
The Saint is offline The Saint  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
What dates are you planning for availability, and what sort of options are you offering?
Hi BigE

Here is a list of features that the new pre-amp will have.
The CNC machined panels for the case will be arriving next week, so the first actual prototype will be completed then, from there I will be producing the first batch of 20 units.
I hope to have them for sale by the end of July.

It will be a fully balanced high bandwidth ultra low THD+N topology preamp capable of accepting XLR as well as RCA inputs 3 selectable inputs in total
and Balanced XLR and RCA outputs.

The balanced and unbalanced outputs are fully buffered, this means the XLR and RCA outputs can be driven concurrently or all at the same time.

The volume control will be a Gold Point 24 position stepped attenuator; manual control only on this unit.

RCA Monitoring buffered loop outputs and HT Bypass capable on the 3rd selectable input.

12v trigger output to remotely control power on/off on the Holton power amplifiers.

All coupling input and output capacitors will be audio grade Metalised polypropylene or MKP

The preamp has two ARM Cortex embedded processors, one for the front control panel, which controls IR receiver, touch panel input selection and power on/off. the front panel processor sends commands to the main board processor via a CAN bus communications link whcih controls the input/output relays relays, 12 volt trigger timing, power management and HT input control.

The chassis for the preamp will be fully CNC machined anodised 10mm front and back panels;

To match the current range of Holton power amplifiers, such as the Holton Five-Zero-Zero power amplifier

Expected dimensions will be 400mm Wide x 80mm High x 350mm Deep and approximate net weight 6kg

Balanced Class A Pre-AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!