Holton Audio: Ex Nihilo Mono Blocks Release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Check it Out

Holton Audio Ex Nihilo Monobloc | Hi-Fi | News | AVHub

slide3.jpg

Extraordinary....there are obviously many, many hours of work and incredible skill and deep cleverness gone into this.

Fair play to you.

I exist at the other end of the spectrum to this sort of equipment and can only wonder at what sort of sound that can be produced when accompanied by equally exotic speakers. I'll never have the chance so I'll never miss it, which is the only consoling thing about it. The closest that I have come was back in the in the eighties when I had a chance to listen to a Naim Audio full six-pack of amps driving Linn Isobarik PMS speakers fed by Linn Sondek LP12 with Ittock arm and Koetsu cartridge.

What equipment have you tried with these amps?

Extraordinary....there are obviously many, many hours of work and incredible skill and deep cleverness gone into this.

Fair play to you.

I exist at the other end of the spectrum to this sort of equipment and can only wonder at what sort of sound that can be produced when accompanied by equally exotic speakers. I'll never have the chance so I'll never miss it, which is the only consoling thing about it. The closest that I have come was back in the in the eighties when I had a chance to listen to a Naim Audio full six-pack of amps driving Linn Isobarik PMS speakers fed by Linn Sondek LP12 with Ittock arm and Koetsu cartridge.

What equipment have you tried with these amps?

I recently exhibited this amplifier at the International HiFi show in Melbourne Australia. There I partnered with Pure Audio Project with their Stellar 12s open baffel loudspeakers, TotalDAC d1 music server DAC. They have also been used with BW 802s and PS Audio DAC and AVM pre-amps just to name a couple of systems. All sounded stunning. :)

Cheers Anthony

Last edited:
Anthony, I could not find any reference to the Pure Audio Stella's but if they are anything like the other speakers from Pure Audio.......again, I wish I were rich. Need a big listening room for speakers like those.
Wonder why no one else has shown any interest?.......jealousy most probably!

Anthony, I could not find any reference to the Pure Audio Stella's but if they are anything like the other speakers from Pure Audio.......again, I wish I were rich. Need a big listening room for speakers like those.
Wonder why no one else has shown any interest?.......jealousy most probably!

Hi Jerryo

Here is the direct link for the Stellar 12s just scroll down about half way and you should see a photo of the Stella 12s.
http://www.pureaudioproject.com/

Stellar12-PureAudioProject-Open-Baffle-Speakers-PAP-LR.jpg

Thanks for your interest Jerryo :)

Cheers Anthony

Stunning work Anthony. You are a master of PCB and amp layout. Nice to see a case that does not look DIY..... classy.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks mate, it is appreciated... :)

Here is the press release on http://www.stereo.net.au/ it has some photos of the stellar 12s and the Trio-15 OB loudspeakers that were in our room at the International HiFi Show in Melbourne earlier this month.

http://www.stereo.net.au/news/holton-audio-launch-flagship-ex-nihilo-amplifiers

Cheers Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.