New Class-A Amplifier Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anthony, it would be great if all your modules have the PCB size listed in the specifications, that way builders can better plan a project.

Missing PCB sizes;
- HPA-NXVolt One R2.1 Input Stage Voltage Regulator
- HPA-NXVPSU-One Power Supply
- HPA-NXVPSU-Two Power Supply
- HPA-PSU-Three Power Supply Module
- HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 AC Current Limiter
- HPA-LSP-One R5.0 - Loudspeaker Protector

Btw, your preamp module project, does it also handles multiple analog inputs?

It would be great if you can prepare an audiophile switcher between multiple sources, amplifiers and speakers, almost zero to be found, that are audiophile

Greetings

Anthony, it would be great if all your modules have the PCB size listed in the specifications, that way builders can better plan a project.

Missing PCB sizes;
- HPA-NXVolt One R2.1 Input Stage Voltage Regulator
- HPA-NXVPSU-One Power Supply
- HPA-NXVPSU-Two Power Supply
- HPA-PSU-Three Power Supply Module
- HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 AC Current Limiter
- HPA-LSP-One R5.0 - Loudspeaker Protector

Btw, your preamp module project, does it also handles multiple analog inputs?

It would be great if you can prepare an audiophile switcher between multiple sources, amplifiers and speakers, almost zero to be found, that are audiophile

Greetings

Hi Ben

Thanks, looks like I have overlooked putting those dimensions on the web site.
I will get it done.
The Pre-Amp will handle 4 or more analog inputs, which will be electronically selectable from a front panel, at least that is the plan at this stage.

Regarding the audiophile switcher, can you be more specific regarding its actual application?

Cheers Anthony:)

Looking for a amp/speaker switcher something like this:
ATM-7 Zone Speaker Selector w/ Remote Control

I have 2 of these. They've worked well for a couple of years now.
One switches one amp between multiple sets of speakers.
The other switches 2 amps between 2 pairs of speakers.
The remote works great. I use a programmable Harmony remote which has a software config for the switch in it's online database.
No impedance matching, so be aware of how many sets of speakers you are driving with your amp.

Thanks bikenut for the feedback,
The ATM-7 is one of the only good priced speaker/amplifier switchers available,
most of these switches are only for loudspeakers. ATM-7 is RARE product, price/function

If testing different amplifiers for SQ, best is to use a matrix audio switcher, to have the same audio signal to all 8 amplifiers, like the;
Panlong 1 to 8 Composite Video Audio 3RCA AV Powered Amplifier Splitter Box 1 In 8 Out 1x8 (amazon), this product; 1 in 8 out is RARE, especially for the price.

it's actual application would be, ABX testing of multiple sources and amplifiers and loudspeakers, sound quality tests, volume attenuation is also good.

I can only name 2 manufacturers in whole world that make audiophile switch box and that's dodocus from Germany and the other one is an online hifi-shop that make also amplifiers like Anthony, (I won't mention the name for Anthony).

Hi, Thank you very much for your quick update.

It would be so cool, I you could design such a switcher, of course it has to be worthwhile for you. I am pretty sure there is a market for this, maybe you could start a new topic somewhere in the diyaudio forum or on your facebook page, you could work with a voting system or pre-order or something.

First take your time in your other projects, but I would be very interested, because, if you want to switch; 3 or more sources, 3 amps, 3 loudspeakers independetly of each other in a audiophile switcher, the cost I see now is like close to 1000eur for finished product.
Best is that the input sensitivity can be matched, to have equal volume, when switching for fair comparison.
The DIY-community can save a lot of money if you could design a module

Hi, Thank you very much for your quick update.

It would be so cool, I you could design such a switcher, of course it has to be worthwhile for you. I am pretty sure there is a market for this, maybe you could start a new topic somewhere in the diyaudio forum or on your facebook page, you could work with a voting system or pre-order or something.

First take your time in your other projects, but I would be very interested, because, if you want to switch; 3 or more sources, 3 amps, 3 loudspeakers independetly of each other in a audiophile switcher, the cost I see now is like close to 1000eur for finished product.
Best is that the input sensitivity can be matched, to have equal volume, when switching for fair comparison.
The DIY-community can save a lot of money if you could design a module

Thanks Ben

I will definitely give this project some thought.
and see what would be the best way of going about it.
A crowd funded project as you have suggested might be the way to go. :)
I would be happy to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter.

Cheers Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.