My Holton amp builds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my lates build. Stereo amp with 500R2
2x 1000VA 2x55 volt.
30pcs 2200uF 100 volt Roe for eatch channel (66000uF)
2xsoft start boards.
Dual mono with 2 iec power innlets.
Chassis from Along on Ebay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 843
Hi Leikis,

I planning to build a class AB amp. A quick question on your build configuration.

Why 36pcs of 2,200 uF cap & not 6pcs of 13,200 uF ?
Does the sound quality improve when using more of smaller cap instead of lesser bigger cap ?

Thanks in advance.

The use of several smal caps gives the psu extremly low inductance and it wil filter the power well. So ti wil be an very fast power supply. Very usefull when drivin low impedance speakers as my old Infinity speakers.

I have RS1 for the main stereo, for the the surround i have RS4000,RS3000, Kappa senter, in the living room Kappa 7.

As you mabye noticed Holton has the Psu Two with the same type of supply with many smal caps.

The 500L boards in place in the amp, i painted the face plate in black gloss at the same time :)
The boards came with pre adjusted bias at 43 mA for eatch transisstor.

Deskribe sound in english is not my strong side, ore writing at all !!!!

But right from a cold amplifier at first start ut, i hear the sound i AWESOME.
More open, sharp and clear, this is a run and buy produckt people. It fits my Infinity RS1 very good, the only play down to ca 150Hz, my mono Holton with 800 boards takes care of the bass system with 6 x 12" dipol for eatch side.
Even the midrange sounds more tigh and precise.
The goose bump factor is back :)

Dont sitt on the fence, order now :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 662
So, Leikis, if you had the option to chose only one between the 500R2 and the 500L, what would you pick?

500L no doubt. My romm is good acoustic treated and the Infinity RS1 sound smooth. Mabye in a room with no acoustic treatment and different speakers i would chose the 500R2. But thats only a guesing.

Since the boards fits in eatch other footstep its an easy switch between them, it took me a couple hours for the complete job.

The sound points in the class A sound direction, i havent heard many but....

I definitively recomend you to test it out, im looking to se more test of the 500L boards to se what others meen about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.