NXV-1200 Build Complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright Folks,

First off I'd like to Thank Anthony. Not only does he produce some really great products but he seriously backs them up. He was always prompt in responding to my questions no matter how dumb and he is really 100% behind you so if you have been on the fence about trying any of his amp modules I would say don't hesitate and take the plunge you will certainly be very satisfied.

I began a subwoofer build project nearly a year and a half ago. At long last I am happy to say it is finally complete. I will be posting all the details of the build on hometheatershack but I wanted to share my really positive experience here as a way of saying thanks to Anthony for building such a great product and providing me with all the support required to see it through to the end.

I built a pair of HPA-NXV-1200 amps for my two custom built maelstrom-X 18" Subwoofers. Now I have a feeling that the the NXV-1200 in a way is a bit too good of an amp for just subwoofer use...I mean its kinda wasted on just subs but let me tell you for those who like clean defined bass...you will not be disappointed.

I recently received the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition on blu-ray and all I can say is the bass is just incredible. Tight, clean, punchy and always natural. I was using a few commercial amps before I finished my NXV's and all I can say is there is really quite a difference in sound quality. The other amps made the base sound to bloated and slow. The NXV-1200 just grabs ahold of the driver from the start and doesn't let go.

The main challenge when building this amp was doing a custom power supply...I of course wanted something over the top so I create a few custom PCBs one for the high power section and one for the low power section.

in fact I still have a few left if anyone is interested in purchasing them let me know. anyway the custom PCBs turned out great...in the high power I've got 16 x 3900uF 160V caps. I'm using an IXYS Bridge Rectifier with a trr of 35ns and software recovery.

For the LowPower section I have another custom PCB utilizing an IXYS Schottky Silicon Carbinde bridge rectifier with soft recovery and 4 x 3900uF 160V caps.

For the Toroid I'm using a massive Toroid-Tech custom built unit which takes up most of the case in each monoblock.

The amps weigh in at around 80lbs each so they are no joke. I used cases from HiFi 2000 with large 5U heat sinks.

I will post some pics here once I get a chance.

once again Thanks Anthony you have a true excellent product and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Best Regards,
Theo

Alright Folks,

First off I'd like to Thank Anthony. Not only does he produce some really great products but he seriously backs them up. He was always prompt in responding to my questions no matter how dumb and he is really 100% behind you so if you have been on the fence about trying any of his amp modules I would say don't hesitate and take the plunge you will certainly be very satisfied.

I began a subwoofer build project nearly a year and a half ago. At long last I am happy to say it is finally complete. I will be posting all the details of the build on hometheatershack but I wanted to share my really positive experience here as a way of saying thanks to Anthony for building such a great product and providing me with all the support required to see it through to the end.

I built a pair of HPA-NXV-1200 amps for my two custom built maelstrom-X 18" Subwoofers. Now I have a feeling that the the NXV-1200 in a way is a bit too good of an amp for just subwoofer use...I mean its kinda wasted on just subs but let me tell you for those who like clean defined bass...you will not be disappointed.

I recently received the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition on blu-ray and all I can say is the bass is just incredible. Tight, clean, punchy and always natural. I was using a few commercial amps before I finished my NXV's and all I can say is there is really quite a difference in sound quality. The other amps made the base sound to bloated and slow. The NXV-1200 just grabs ahold of the driver from the start and doesn't let go.

The main challenge when building this amp was doing a custom power supply...I of course wanted something over the top so I create a few custom PCBs one for the high power section and one for the low power section.

in fact I still have a few left if anyone is interested in purchasing them let me know. anyway the custom PCBs turned out great...in the high power I've got 16 x 3900uF 160V caps. I'm using an IXYS Bridge Rectifier with a trr of 35ns and software recovery.

For the LowPower section I have another custom PCB utilizing an IXYS Schottky Silicon Carbinde bridge rectifier with soft recovery and 4 x 3900uF 160V caps.

For the Toroid I'm using a massive Toroid-Tech custom built unit which takes up most of the case in each monoblock.

The amps weigh in at around 80lbs each so they are no joke. I used cases from HiFi 2000 with large 5U heat sinks.

I will post some pics here once I get a chance.

once again Thanks Anthony you have a true excellent product and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Best Regards,
Theo

Glad to be of service Theo and I am very happy you like the 1200s.

Am also looking forward to seeing the completed amp photos.
I have seem some of them of course, but it would be great to see the completed pair.

Happy 4th of July BTW!

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

IMG_20190920_143124.jpg

He never uploaded his NXV 1200. Here is NXL 1200 Monobloc. Mounted with a Balanced / SE receiver with That 1206 and home made discret supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.