Amplifier Chassis!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi :)

I have just released my new amplifier chassis for my
range of HPA-nxVxxx amplifier modules.

The chassis comes per tapped to accept the HPA modules as well
as pre punched holes for the XLR, RCA, Loudspeaker binding posts and IEC mains socket with in built fuse.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For more info and photos checkout the link below.

http://www.aussieamplifiers.com/chassis-1.htm

The price for your products seems me expensive !!!!

Example:
nxV300 audio module , 220 watts RMS into 8 Ohms and 380 watts RMS into 4 Ohms. : $279.00AUD x2 = $558 AUD

PSU-Three power supply board :$269.00AUD

Loudspeaker Protection board :$68.00AUD

Soft Start board:$65.00AUD

Chassis:$265.00AUD

Total=$1225 AUD =948,387 USD

+ Transfo +connectors ....

Serge

Why expensive? Compared to some phono jacks for 65 AUD it
sounds real cheap to me ;) Oh, did I mention the 'hollow signal
conductor' ? Just like your ears so it must sound good :D

Some 150 euro's for a decent amp is quite a lot of money but
remember r&d plus marketing costs. As long as it's really a good
amp and delivers what it promises. There's a lot of stuff out there
costing even more. The boards look good although I'm not a big
fan of small pcb's and smd.

You can always build yourself a cheaper amp and post your designs here :)

Hello Serge

Thank you for your comments, but all of my customers over the last 8 months or so would not agree with you. In fact I have had nothing but glowing reports of my amplifiers sound quality, Build quality and service that I provide for them.
My nxV500 amplifier modules have been compared in Denmark against some AR610 Mono Block amplifiers costing $100,000AUD and they reported at the HIFI club they were the best sounding amplifiers they had listened to ever and this is just one out of dozens of reports I have had sent to me, some of which you can read on my web site testimonials page and the web site Gallery.

Just today I had a Australian customer spend just on $2000.00AUD with me and also purchased one of the Chassis-One along with two nxv500 modules and all of the support modules that go with it.

So you see I am selling a premium product, compared to Hugh Deans wonderful amplifiers I am cheap. :)

I would add just one more comment in that you don't have to purchase all of my support products to get a great sounding amplifier I have had quite a number of customers that have retro fitted my modules into their existing amplifier chassis both DIY and commercial amplifiers, all with reported excellent results. :D
or you are free just to not purchase anything at all, the choice is yours...:)

Hi Solve

That is wonderful for you and they are a good chassis, I even provide a link from my web site to that shop.
My chassis are built for my modules in mind and have all the needed tapped holes on the heat sink so it is a very easy process
to mount the modules to them.
So for people that buy my modules this chassis would be a good option for them, It is not cheap to get custom holes tapped into these heat sinks and so the chassis for some could be a bit expensive. Believe me I am not making much on them. I have them built for my customers sake, not mine that is for sure.

Anyway thanks for your comments:)

Serge QSC and Quest are Pro-Audio amplifiers, not really the same ball park...:)

Hi Solve and others:)

I can offer the stainless steel cap screws for the front and back panels at no extra cost. The look then would be far more appealing, rather than the deep contrast you have with the black screws on a silver panel. ;)

Also Hi Ian

Yes the Chassis-One is a custom built version of the DBL ezPower Chassis done by Simon Brown of DBL and I also supply some nice AL shock absorbing feet with these chassis also.

So over all it is not a bad package for the cost.

For my EU customers the Mod Shop chassis would be a cheaper option once freight is taken into account, Unfortunately for my aussie customers the freight can be quite expensive to get a chassis from the EU to here.

Chassis Update

Hi Guys

Here is some updated photos of the chassis with stainless steel cap screws on the front panel as well as a photo of a nxv300 amplifier I am building using this chassis :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.