• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new 10.125" wide heatsink

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I haven't seen the first group buy so I don't know what it looks like. I'm considering using this heatsink to my amp and trying to figure out the best way to mount it on my chasis.

Could you give us estimate cost per foot, so I can set aside a budget for it?

Thanks,

Fred

Thermal Resistance for Russ's new Extrusions

Using the volumetric method, I calculate a thermal resistance of ~ 0.30 C/W for an 80 C temperature rise for a 1 foot long section. For a Pass amp application, given an ambient temp of 22 C and an average heat sink temp. of 55 C, this sink will safely absorb ~ 90 watts continuously. (Note, I derated for the lower temp. rise using Thermalloy's table).

Perfect for one side of an F3 and a 9" tall one will work great for an F5. Good luck with your extrusion, Russ, i know you'll have a ton of buyers !!

Good news, I got an e-mail from BarredBoss and the Sinks are alomst here. He told me the per foot price woud be in and around the $45USD mark, not cheap but surely not the most expensive I've seen either. I'd like to see them before I spend $360USD on the heatsinks for 4 stereo amps. Good news, bring'em on BarredBoss, Peace.

speakrsrfun said:
Russ has these new Dies listed on Ebay for a BIN price of $52USD/ft

I'd need 6 feet for my current projects, wonder if he'll do multiple pricing LOL....

Here's the link if your intrested as the heatsins are quite nice.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-HEATSINK-ALU...ryZ29402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Keep well all.

Speaks

Might be good for you US guys, but for Canadians, if you count shipping and taxes, they are to expensive. Ro-theta here in Toronto comes to about the same price per foot, including tooling charge and overnight shipping by FedEx.

Wonder why only one pc. per flat rate box? To heavy? I got in the past up to four 1ft. long 5 3/4" wide sections in a box... With two sections per flat rate box, we may talk about...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.