Hifiman diy cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I have a doubt about how to build a hifiman headphone cable. I have two 3.5 jacks that go into the headphones and a 4 pin xlr connector that goes into the amplifier. I would like to know if on the 3.5 jack side, for the + signal, should I use the tip for both channels or the tip for the left channel and the ring for the right channel? On the net I found the diagram of the 4pin xlr connector which indicates that pin3 which is the R + must be connected to the ring of the right channel. But I have also read of many who say that for these headphones the rings are not connected and 3.5 ts jacks can also be used. Does anyone know what the reality of things is like? Maybe it depends on the headphone model and / or the type of connection on the amp side (this seems very strange to me). Thank you all.

Usually TRRS 4 pin are used with phones where the extra pin is for controlling volume or for a inbuilt microphone. MY AKG's came with two cables. One TRS & another TRRS with a remote in the middle of the cable. The first one is intended for amps & the other for phones.

I got this off the net:

"HiFiMan is now using 3.5mm plugs for some of their headphones like the HE-560 v3. I have not tested a stock cable for the 560 v3, but using the tip for positive and connecting the ring and ground to negative works perfectly well. They're probably not using the ring like previous designs."

DIY Audio Electronics from Zynsonix.com: Headphone Connectors & Pins / Pinouts for DIY

It would appear that the models are NOT all the same!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.