Original Earmax headphone amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys, I’m desperate to find an original power supply for this amp. It was handed down to me and I listened to it all the time but my partner threw out the power supply by mistake thinking it was for the keyboard we were getting rid of!!! 😡

If they are pure unobtainium would anyone happen to have a circuit diagram or know how to make one?? I have done a little research and there isn’t much online wrt the power supply. What I did find is what it needs a 19v+/- ac supply.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

Hi Matt,

do you have the Brocksieper Earmax made in Germany? This one used a custom wallwart with a Lemo connector ($$) and unspecified output voltage.
The original circuit with 6922 tubes was running with a B+ supply of 220V DC, so I wonder how the circuit should work with a 19V transformer.
I quickly searched and found a chinese schematic showing the low voltage supply, but it doesn't make sense to me.

When the opriginal wallwart was tossed out it will not be easy to find a replacement... you need to find the specs of the original supply first.
My self-drawn schematic how I built the Morgan Jones OTL (=Earmax) is still on the internet. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.