Looking for schematic of Stax SRM-313

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transistors should be used on their own terms and merits, as a transistor not as a vacuum tube. Which SIT do you have to hand?

LU1014D, I just curved traced this transistor this afternoon. I am thinking of using it between 10V and 15V Vds in a balanced F3 configuration for direct drive of ESL/headphones. The cascode and Aleph transistors would be silicon carbide FETs.

Attachments

• 11242020_LU1014.jpg
    11242020_LU1014.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 175
I associate the name SIT with a Japanese principle and technique. Depletion mode devices should not generally be called a static induction transistor.

My day job is in the semiconductor industry. The SIT is a special case of a JFET. The SIT has some extra structures.

I call and SIT a device that has a large triode (concave up curves) area in its family of curves.

Every SIT that I have curve traced has some pentode shaped curves at high-ish currents. They have triode shaped curves at high-ish voltages and low-ish currents. Modern devices of this type are typically used at very high current. The manufacturers often do not trace the curves at low current and high voltage because the vast majority of users are making switching power supplies and not class-A audio amplifiers.

There are plenty of drawings and discussions of SIT device structure to be found on Google that show the difference between an SIT and an ordinary JFET.

Just my $0.02. YMMV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.