Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2020, 08:59 PM   #1
Vortex is offline Vortex  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vortex High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?
Default High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?

Dear forum members,

I'm quite happy with my Cooler Master MH751 gaming headset, which is in fact a Takstar Pro 82 without the bass openings and with added microphone. I like its nonagressive but still noticable slightly V character and the overall sound without the need for any EQ whatsoever.

I built a small tube amp for it, which can perform even better if used with higher impedance headphones (this one is actually at around 28 Ohms, amp is 32-600 nominal, output power increasing as impedance increases).

Can you recommend me a higher impedance HP comparable to the Takstar Pro 82 in sonic character and comfort ? (I have medium-big ears and the CM MH751 is absolutely a favourite regarding comfort and isolation).

Thank you.

Last edited by Vortex; 11th August 2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 13th August 2020, 12:36 PM   #2
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Try Status Audio CB-1. I have the discontinued OB-1 version and they sound great and super comfortable. CB-1 is closed back with similar shape and plush ear pads. Highly liked by reviewers. No mic though. 55ohms impedance.

For more money the Beyer DT-770 is also closed back - but I feel is too “polite”. Very highly regarded by professional sound booth pros though. 250ohms and 80ohms. I have only tried 250ohm version but reviewers say the 80hm has better bass. They are super comfortable.

Last edited by xrk971; 13th August 2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 17th August 2020, 06:27 AM   #3
Vortex is offline Vortex  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vortex High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?
Thank you, I'll check them both.

High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?Hide this!Advertise here!