My DIY BT5.0 headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nah, for me its always been about getting exactly what I want. there are few things we build that would save much money. Actually the foil SMD resistors seemed like one of the more reasonable parts in the BOM to me ... :p the $2400 in mil tantalum bypass caps on the other hand and several hundred just on surface mount nuts ...

it's an amazing project. Very impressive. I love the symmetry. There are certainly areas I would do differently and given the same budget, but thats the point of DIY.

How long does a charge last? 3 months? :)

thank you ^V^

It can continue use 14 hours after fully charge.
Because I use the VICOR module constant power consumption to heat capacitor array.

OLED ModeA
OLED ModeA - YouTube
50188741807_d8db2c7047_c_d.jpg

OLED ModeB
OLED ModeB - YouTube
50187944803_a7259c663e_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
Total 1396 parts for single amplifier. :D

Color me impressed! You should have no problem landing a hardware DE job anywhere in the world with this in addition on your resume'.

I like the attention to details with the little component manufacturer logos and your name in script on the PCB. Most would be exhausted by the rest of the design to bother. Looks like you feel it's part of the fun!

I've always been interested in the history of the LiPo battery. I think there's a reason why a Tesla battery is made up of a bazillion (7,104) 18650 cells - and it's a "WFB" one, not an engineering one. In China, things are probably different in terms of manufacture ability. If so, good for you and it must be fun to work designing batteries / systems that use them w/o restriction.

Thank you

I love the LOGO details too.

All the small thing combine together to make perfect function and beautiful music.

That's why I love doing design.

even the ASM2575 foil resistor soldering direction.
50190707888_53398a960c_c_d.jpg

It need check direction before soldering on PCB by use high magnification magnifier
50191269961_d68a860db8_o_d.jpg

Because the foil resistor structure can influences Multiple frequency crosstalk
Need make sure the direction are the same.
50191513342_a36eab3128_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
All the Consumer product like smart phone / Notebook / Tablet
we use Multiple cell in Series together to creat high voltage (for lower operating current)
Lower current mean lower Power loss.

and Multiple cells in parallel together to creat high capacity

But because of the difference in battery internal resistance.
The battery protection / Gauge Ic need to Forecast discharge curve and Computing capacity

So we call this "Charge/discharge process" = "learning process"
And call the "Charge/discharge machine" = " Learning machine"

You can setup different discharge current and discharge the cell.
Then the Battery Gauge IC can record this curve in EEPROM

after learning process

It make Battery Gauge IC can Accurately predict battery capacity.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.