Headphone magamp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The frequency response is not very good with these amps. Try a Zotl amp instead.

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_3234.jpg
    IMG_3234.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 424
If you look at both of the concepts, could you say that oscillator could be replaced by very accurate sliding DC bias / and the magnetic inertia solved with hybrid feedback (current feedback from outputs being always unpredictable product of bandwidth resolved with "reverse oscillations".
Reason - when your muscles work mechanically - you simply clank along the work itself. Yet if music makes you dance, there is much more involved. By observing technical workings of amplifiers in wave theory, seems that pole cannot be dominanted by oppression, the cause of action is always the more important one. To enjoy the harmony profile of many dimensions, one could perfectly compenzate all of the amplifier device, yet lose certain parts of the past and future would part with peace. Magnetic devices are very nice to observe as atomic dynamics, yet alone they cannot encompass the spectrum of 0.14% / 3.5 unit harmony in complete spacetime Presence. One way to drive them would be string instrument/semi hysteresis (I see it as deltaSigma synthesizer - the height of amplitude will have a sensitive radius area which will yield very high harmony product). The other way (for playing records) would be precizion "piezo-effect", because it is geometrically similar to tranzistor, only very opposite of it, still possible to employ Z-Line linear+(hemi)symetry between both (rumours say that somewhere ar 45degrees there will be a very nice relationship for transfer curves to apply theroetical magic on to snake oil so it would work for non-believers.

VeightTripleDivision: from the very limited published information I have seen on the subject the high end frequency response extends with an increase in the ac supply frequency. A sliding scale bias operating at a fixed frequency sounds like an oscillator to me so I’m curious about what you are describing. Care to go into more detail ?

Lampie519: if you’ve got a schematic for a Zotl amp that could be adapted to headphones I’d love to see it

I just happen to have a decent amount of saturable reactor cores, I wanted to try something I have never done and hadn’t really seen either. I have considered trying a lossless transformer feedback norton/trask style amplifier as well obviously I’d have to stack several cores to get enough inductance with as few turns as possible but that’s yet another use for these cores that I am considering checking out. I’m very open to suggestions but I do have enough cores that I could make the zotl amp, a multistage magamp, and much more without a care.

If you look at both of the concepts, could you say that oscillator could be replaced by very accurate sliding DC bias / and the magnetic inertia solved with hybrid feedback (current feedback from outputs being always unpredictable product of bandwidth resolved with "reverse oscillations".
Reason - when your muscles work mechanically - you simply clank along the work itself. Yet if music makes you dance, there is much more involved. By observing technical workings of amplifiers in wave theory, seems that pole cannot be dominanted by oppression, the cause of action is always the more important one. To enjoy the harmony profile of many dimensions, one could perfectly compenzate all of the amplifier device, yet lose certain parts of the past and future would part with peace. Magnetic devices are very nice to observe as atomic dynamics, yet alone they cannot encompass the spectrum of 0.14% / 3.5 unit harmony in complete spacetime Presence. One way to drive them would be string instrument/semi hysteresis (I see it as deltaSigma synthesizer - the height of amplitude will have a sensitive radius area which will yield very high harmony product). The other way (for playing records) would be precizion "piezo-effect", because it is geometrically similar to tranzistor, only very opposite of it, still possible to employ Z-Line linear+(hemi)symetry between both (rumours say that somewhere ar 45degrees there will be a very nice relationship for transfer curves to apply theroetical magic on to snake oil so it would work for non-believers.

Uhmm, I meant quite to oppose the fixed frequency, by taking advantage of very possible reverse oscillation figure, yet I cannot prove I am sane on subject unless I write complex hypothesis about atomphysics and chemistries missing link.

Ideally all is One.
Practically gate capacitance is with the One.
Designing a local error correction at such sliding BIAS wouldn't work (the Pi at height of volts and linearity of capacitance would have limits somewhere.).
Yet having a proper mechanical sensor (say speaker+MicroPhone feedback) gives you an idea of the limits that can be proportional to inductance and capacitance at certain ratios.
Of course, in praxis magnetics are more difficult.
The depth of idea lays in my bipolar mind.
It tells me: if Earth is still pretty roundshaped.. And semiconductors mean that electricity can be used, then there is a possible radius of BiasDC, versus AC that can be tamed by using 'glass effect', with microphones. (One Day I will draw and explain everything I have collected in my few years of study about how physics and emotions flatten each other.

(Remember, floating we are. Yet only at centre all of the Earths are. Were. To think about magamp magnetically, that means accessing Earth by accepting that Neutral is biased. I really should say that 'glass effect' is somewhere there, looks like a cylindric cone. If one END of it results in singular spot - you lost one floating Earth and it oscillated towards something anyways (many audiotechnicians rely on taming it by limitting it with limits of something else, yet it is mechanical thinking for me, which is not beautiful for something in trade. If you manage to keep both ends of glass still within the values above singular spot, you get something similar to glass (in my minds eye I do). This proportionality is very important to me, personally, symbolysing diffusion in Time where Future contains Past..
To employ it in real amplifier means that per Pi units of past and Pi units of Future you assume stable reference, which then is what you simply alter (it is like a feedback resistor (also a glass shape in a way) except it is superior that it does not rely on properties limited to single atoms, yet more like on inductance paracrossing point (parallels and perpendiculs) that is one of reasons why harmonies naturally occur. It is like a device that has a harmony spectrum which has minusSecond times minusSecond ability, therefore it should be reasonably working in all of the Pi resolution in a earTime Continuum.

(I am not an engineer, yet that is what toroid transformer would do if it would be mad regulation device that has ratio possible both ways (up/down) Ferrorezonator I once took apart had one toroid plus some I cores. With careful design using inductors (like reversed speakers and microphones strategically placed in ratios that I cannot explain in audioscience, only in my own mind, I would say that it is possible to have sliding DC BIAS that is always enough to saturate the magnetism of a whole winding and core always counteracting each other before the current radiated does.

I’ll post follow ups, this seems like uncharted territory as far as a properly documented project from design to build to performance testing.

Mark Tillotson how is that relevant ? I’m aiming to be using magnetic cores for gain ?

Well inductors are a pain to source / build, expensive, bulky, imperfect.
For signal processing at audio frequency they were replaced by opamp gyrators long ago. I have an ancient bandpass filter from an old telephone exchange with 4 large inductors on it, 10cm across, 3cm high. But you can only emulate linear inductors using opamps!

I have the “ferrite” cores for making very hofhnquality magnetic components and plenty of magnet wire to accomplish making some great inductors and transformers. I’ll try to document my results , especially the performance info on the high impedance headphone magamp and my experience with using many stacked cores to attempt making the first trask style compensated lossless transformer feedback amp in the Audio range to see what sort of exceptional performance can be had with transformers transistors and zero capacitors and resisters. I hope others seek to enhance my efforts

Some possibilitiies

I’ve got a bunch of vacuumschelze saturable reactor cores so I figured I’d see if anyone had any experience with this ? Seems like a 100khz sin oscillator would be an ideal ac source.

Vacuumschmelze makes fine cores. 100 kHz sounds like ok frequency for a magnetic audio amplifier. You could use quite simple switching power supply. Depends on the cores how high frequency is ok, because all amplifying cores will be saturated in every cycle. I recommend you to read data sheets.

There are many options, such as this half-wave push-pull magnetic amplifier by Lufcy and Woodson.

File:Magnetic amplifier push-pull.png - Wikimedia Commons

Two amplifying stages should be quite enough. For a headphone amp probably one stage. But it depends on the frequency of the power supply and desired amplification.

You could also use similar topology as Lars Lundahl, if you wish to achieve high efficiency.

File:Lundahl MagAmp schematic.png - Wikimedia Commons

In Lundahl's magnetic amplifier only the last amplifier stage is magnetic. The previous two stages are triodes. A triode amplifier is one possible method to block the high frequency from the power supply so that it won't reach the signal source. There are also other ways to do that, such as an LCL low-pass filter.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.