Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Beyerdynamic N1000
Beyerdynamic N1000
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2019, 03:13 PM   #1
gpessa is offline gpessa
diyAudio Member

Default Beyerdynamic N1000

Hi, given I know nothing about heaphones.
I found those Beyerdynamic N1000.
I would like to test them. Do you know what I need it ?
I have the AC and i suppose i need to connect it to my source (which i would like to be my computer).
Do I need an amplifier ?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th September 2019, 04:57 PM   #2
sgrossklass is offline sgrossklass  Germany
diyAudio Member

N-1000 is the amp, the matching electrostatic headphones are called ET-1000. These are fairly rare and sought-after in some parts of the world.

The inputs shown are for DIN speaker plugs, as they were common in Germany at the time. You can still get these (more or less easily, depending on where you are) and outfit some twin lead with them. But yes, some sort of moderately powerful speaker power amp is required (5 Wpc into 4 or 8 ohms min, so really not a lot). The N-1000 only uses mains power to generate bias voltage, otherwise it's a transformer box similar to what Stax were commonly using at the time.

For testing purposes, virtually anything that can drive speakers would do, even a lot of mini/micro systems, though I suppose you'd want less-than-excessive noise and distortion for the best experience.
Old 20th September 2019, 08:48 PM   #3
gpessa is offline gpessa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossklass View Post
N-1000 is the amp, the matching electrostatic headphones are called ET-1000. These are fairly rare and sought-after in some parts of the world.

The inputs shown are for DIN speaker plugs, as they were common in Germany at the time. You can still get these (more or less easily, depending on where you are) and outfit some twin lead with them. But yes, some sort of moderately powerful speaker power amp is required (5 Wpc into 4 or 8 ohms min, so really not a lot). The N-1000 only uses mains power to generate bias voltage, otherwise it's a transformer box similar to what Stax were commonly using at the time.

For testing purposes, virtually anything that can drive speakers would do, even a lot of mini/micro systems, though I suppose you'd want less-than-excessive noise and distortion for the best experience.
Great, I also have the ET-1000 and the weird DIN cables.
I managed to connect them to my amp. Volume is not super high but good enough.
They sounds good.
Thanks a lot for the the help!

Beyerdynamic N1000Hide this!Advertise here!