Beyerdynamic N1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, given I know nothing about heaphones.
I found those Beyerdynamic N1000.
I would like to test them. Do you know what I need it ?
I have the AC and i suppose i need to connect it to my source (which i would like to be my computer).
Do I need an amplifier ?

pKFypWP

N-1000 is the amp, the matching electrostatic headphones are called ET-1000. These are fairly rare and sought-after in some parts of the world.

The inputs shown are for DIN speaker plugs, as they were common in Germany at the time. You can still get these (more or less easily, depending on where you are) and outfit some twin lead with them. But yes, some sort of moderately powerful speaker power amp is required (5 Wpc into 4 or 8 ohms min, so really not a lot). The N-1000 only uses mains power to generate bias voltage, otherwise it's a transformer box similar to what Stax were commonly using at the time.

For testing purposes, virtually anything that can drive speakers would do, even a lot of mini/micro systems, though I suppose you'd want less-than-excessive noise and distortion for the best experience.

N-1000 is the amp, the matching electrostatic headphones are called ET-1000. These are fairly rare and sought-after in some parts of the world.

The inputs shown are for DIN speaker plugs, as they were common in Germany at the time. You can still get these (more or less easily, depending on where you are) and outfit some twin lead with them. But yes, some sort of moderately powerful speaker power amp is required (5 Wpc into 4 or 8 ohms min, so really not a lot). The N-1000 only uses mains power to generate bias voltage, otherwise it's a transformer box similar to what Stax were commonly using at the time.

For testing purposes, virtually anything that can drive speakers would do, even a lot of mini/micro systems, though I suppose you'd want less-than-excessive noise and distortion for the best experience.

Great, I also have the ET-1000 and the weird DIN cables.
I managed to connect them to my amp. Volume is not super high but good enough.
They sounds good.
Thanks a lot for the the help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.