MEZE headphone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
at least it´s a orthodyna... should be better than dynamic phones like hd800....

Not so in practice, I had heard few planar magnetic headphones(t50rp mods, audeze LCD2, LCD 3, Hifiman 400) and all of the headphones had a one flaw to my ears that ruins the experience, some of those flaws I was unable to remove with EQ, hifiman and LCD2 had noticeable channel imbalances. I also found that other users notices those flaws too, so I am pretty sure I am not crazy here.

I would take Sennheiser HD600/650 even without EQ over any of those. Those are crazy value for $200, that is hard to beat.

I also heard Stax 300 or something I think and while those sounded good, EQ-ed HD800 sounded better. Lack of any sub 100Hz material on Stax is unforgivable, not to mention awful pads and build.

So in practice I don't think there are simple rules as in - Y type of driver is better than X type of driver.

IMO the most beautiful designed nowadays headphones. I don't know about its sound but Empyrean's FR looks not impressive yet, quite far from Harman's cuve.

Harman curve ought to sound like good(neutral) speakers in a good room.
Harman curve does not fit everyone's liking though. And there are some controversial parts about the Olive's research. Ultimately, I don't think headphones has to match Harman target to sound good.
But do I generally like my more or less Harmanized HD650 compared to stock HD650!

Here are measrumetns of Meze Empyrean comapred to HD800.

10184377.jpg

10184378.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.