correct wire configuration for Sennheiser HD650

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using this braided cable to make a long cable for my sennheiser HD650 and I am little confused.
s-l1600.jpg

this is an 8 strands braids and I am planning on using two runs of the cable for the two channels so I cut the cable in half so now I have two runs each 8 strands in a braid

1 - the end that connects to the quarter inch headphone jack is a little confusing since it has 3 connections" left, right, and ground. so what should I do?

2 - the sennheiser connector is a little strange:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

what is the correct way to connect them? there are two legs in each. what is the correct way to wire it?

I don't believe cables makes any difference...

I rebuilt my sen cables , I removed the varnish from the splitter wires to keep the mono cables from the head piece.

And it made a difference, a weird one, just sounded more relaxed, stress free.

Sounded more natural like my Grados which have stock premium cables.

So good advice, don't plug it to the connectors, braided wires in your neck are not comfy.

You just need to remove the varnish, because the wires are warped with a cotton wire + and - side by side with only varnish to isolate them, they are braided strand wires. I used epoxy to protect the solder spot, it works. Been using it for years now.

What are these metallic connectors in the headphone side?

I use Cardas 2 x 24 awg.

those connectors are real nice. from some ebay seller:
s-l1600.jpg

I dont know if it is ok to post links to it on ebay? if it is then i will. they are very nice indeed and so much easier to work with than the classic connectors like the picture in my 1st post. I made another cable with the classic connectors (actually i bought them from cardas) and they are garbage as it was impossible for me to solder the wires without burning the plastic housing and even then it didnt come out as secure as the other connector (maybe i just dont know the correct way to use these connectors but this 1st experience with them was abysmal)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.