Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Single ended class-A headphone amp using two transistors: T2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2019, 12:57 PM   #211
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's what I found on the USA websites of DigiKey and Mouser. Saturday morning 08:50 NYC time.

_
Attached Images
File Type: png ME0.png (51.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png ME1.png (43.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png DK0.png (39.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: png DK1.png (40.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 17th August 2019, 03:51 PM   #212
wushuliu is offline wushuliu  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
Here's what I found on the USA websites of DigiKey and Mouser. Saturday morning 08:50 NYC time.

_
Well that's embarrassing. Missed those on Digi-key. Thanks.
Old 17th August 2019, 07:25 PM   #213
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luckins View Post
...I'm sure there are more improvements in supply to be had, particularly with respect to using the Wallwart. It would be good if I could integrate the T2 filtration into the power supply chain when the wallwart is in use. It may well bring further benefits when the linear PSU is used as well. I've got some small 3.3u polypropylene input caps to try and a couple of transistor based current sources to try in place of the E-153's but I want to be sure each is a real improvement so must be very familiar with the sound - so some serious listening is required...
Nice work, there is a lot to be gained with a Cap Mx as a power supply for a SE Class A amp. I made a board that accomplihses this plus has a spot for installing a TO220 voltage reg downstream of the cap Mx. Useful for using the TPS7A4xxx 4uVrms noise LDO. It just needs a walwart or some other source of DC input that is about 5v higher than nominal Vcc needed to account for the dropout fromt he cap Mx and LDO.

I seemed to need this ciucuit all the time and kept making them P2P until one day had a board made:

GB for Simple Cap-Mx Regulated Low-Noise PSU

Here is an example made by Gtose:
Click the image to open in full size.

Simplifies need for a low noise single rail supply into 1 board.

Single ended class-A headphone amp using two transistors: T2Hide this!Advertise here!