Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Single ended class-A headphone amp using two transistors: T2
Single ended class-A headphone amp using two transistors: T2 Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 18th June 2019, 04:03 PM   #121
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Yes thanks, I realized I missed the GB - but am in no hurry (already have too many headamps), but I cannot stop this urge to build.

Would be great if the diyAudio Store can sell them - they can do with more headamp options. In fact, I think many great builds gets missed, lost or forgotten in the GB thread - many more should/could be sold by the Store.

Last edited by twocents; 18th June 2019 at 04:05 PM.

Old 20th June 2019, 02:28 PM   #122
adydula is offline adydula  United States
diyAudio Member

I sent an email to the DIYSTORE, asking them to stock and sell these boards. They responded very positively!

So send them a note also!

Alex

Old 20th June 2019, 02:57 PM   #123
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Good idea.

Old 20th June 2019, 04:15 PM   #124
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
Elsewhere on this site I've seen a headphone amp powered by a much more convoluted arrangement: AC mains --> wall wart giving X volts DC output --> DC to DC converter giving X+10 volts DC output --> capacitance multiplier / linear voltage regulator X volts DC output --> headphone amp. Really? Yes, really.
One of mine goes AC->Wall wart->CLC->DC:2DC converter->CLC->LDO->CCS->CRCRC->Amp.......

It is dead silent though....

By the way, parts ordered for the T2 build..
The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Pre, SHPA, B1 Korg, T2. : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W, Filmosound 601, LM4780. : Apex AX-14, TGM-10, TDA7265 (Last in line)...maybe

Old 20th June 2019, 05:09 PM   #125
randytsuch is online now randytsuch
diyAudio Member

So I thought I had kind of matched the 68 ohm resistors, but this morning I took a closer look at the schematic and realized that they are in pairs, I thought 4 were in parallel because I didn't pay enough attention :/

The anal part of me wants to fix it so they are better matched, really should have bought extra resistors to get a better match, but I didn't.

Guess if I worry about matching, the pair to pair matching for one channel is more important than channel to channel matching?

Other thing I could do is add a larger value resistor to the pairs with higher resistance, to lower them enough to get closer matches.

Randy

Old 20th June 2019, 06:52 PM   #126
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Member

If you open the "Tweaks, Optimizations, and Silly Changes" pdf file in Acrobat Reader, and if you search for the word stem "match" you will discover that it is never used, not even once. No "match", no "matching", no "matched", nothing.

Matching is not discussed at all. Don't take my word for it, have a look yourself.

You won't find "matched" but you will find, at the end of the first paragraph, some good advice.

Old 20th June 2019, 10:26 PM   #127
randytsuch is online now randytsuch
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
If you open the "Tweaks, Optimizations, and Silly Changes" pdf file in Acrobat Reader, and if you search for the word stem "match" you will discover that it is never used, not even once. No "match", no "matching", no "matched", nothing.

Matching is not discussed at all. Don't take my word for it, have a look yourself.

You won't find "matched" but you will find, at the end of the first paragraph, some good advice.
If I offended you, I'm sorry, it wasn't the intent.
Thanks again for the boards.

Randy

Old 21st June 2019, 03:35 AM   #128
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtech23 View Post
One of mine goes AC->Wall wart->CLC->DC:2DC converter->CLC->LDO->CCS->CRCRC->Amp.......

It is dead silent though....

By the way, parts ordered for the T2 build..
Was this the amp?
Click the image to open in full size.

I seem to recall it has a smooth like a baby's bottom noise floor:
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 21st June 2019, 03:49 AM   #129
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

Quite possibly
The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Pre, SHPA, B1 Korg, T2. : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W, Filmosound 601, LM4780. : Apex AX-14, TGM-10, TDA7265 (Last in line)...maybe

Old 21st June 2019, 01:38 PM   #130
adydula is offline adydula  United States
diyAudio Member

That amp looks way more complex than the T2 is IMO...many boards and parts. Having a less complex design that works so great is a super plus. Especially for newbies etc...and folks like me that have been building and using more complex designs for years. For me is once again proves simple can be excellent.

Alex

Closed Thread

Single ended class-A headphone amp using two transistors: T2Hide this!Advertise here!