Nuraphones???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To me they seemed like the story of the Emporer's new clothes, and I really fell for the sales trick.

The marketing and concept was really insulting in the set-up stage. The App "scans" your ear canal and makes some pretty shapes on the iPhone display. Then it "calculates" how to deliver sound to your unique ear scan.
To demonstrate, it plays a music track to show you how low quality your hearing of music has been before. This music is so obviously filtered. It sounds like you are 10m underwater.
Then it plays your new Nura experience, which sounds like any normal time when you are not underwater.

They brought nothing new to the table compared to lower level AKG or Grado cans.

After two months they would not charge more than 15%, would not connect to the App. I gave up, moved on and forgot them.

They are quite unique A.I tech is around the corner and I think nuraphone is considering it, according to their presentation "The nuraphone is the world's only headphone that automatically learns and adapts to your unique hearing." so this is a big plus, I don't own a nuraphone but if they can do that I think they will include a auto-search of music that matches your own preferences base on what you listen and for me that sound awesome, you'll have a complete lists a-z and not from you're country but from all over, it's only my opinion / prediction.

Ok guys , so i forgot about the nuraphones and went with the bluetooth Skullcandy Crushers.
I tried so many other types of Bluetooth phones but all were so anemic in bass it was ridiculous.
They were a good price at 199 plus tax. I had to order them right from skullcandy to get the white tan/ gray colour.
I read reviews galore that helped in my decision.
Fit is great considering i have a fat head (says wifey).
Ear pads are super soft and my ears just fit into them. Very firm grip from the headband.
It has an adjustable bass slider that i just don't want to bring up past 40%. At that level the bass is so intense and visceral it vibrates my whole head and makes my vision slightly blurry.
This exactly how i enjoy my tracks. Makes it sound just like I'm at a party. Very engaging and fun to listen to.
Treble is crisp but not overbearing. Midrange is accurate if slightly depressed. Not too much modulation distortion due to having 2 drivers per side.
Sensitivity is lower so they don't get too loud.
If you have an opportunity to listen to them, take it.

After two months they would not charge more than 15%, would not connect to the App. I gave up, moved on and forgot them.

Why didn't you tell Nura/return them?

Mine work great and I love the sound... and I've owned everything from AKG (K7XX), to AudioTechnica (M50), to Shure (535 IEMs) and others... yes there is some trickery... but the sound signatures ARE unique... when I listen to my wife's or friend's sound signature (I had them both added to my profile to see if there was actually a difference) there IS actually a sonic difference between the profiles... not as dramatic as it is versus the "flat/enhancement off" mode, but different enough where I can say I prefer my profile to the others, and they prefer thiers

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Very gimmicky - you can sort of make your own that don’t hurt by wearing your favorite IEM and then a pair of large over ear extra extra bass gaming headsets. Plug into a portable headphone amp with two or (usually 4) independent outputs and adjust your level of bass boost on the outer gaming rig. You’ll have 2 cables come off your ears. You won’t have the “app” either. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.