Sloan Headphone amp and questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have recently been working on the IC based headphone amp from the book The Audiophile's Project Sourcebook by Randy Slone. The circuit works very well...now...but not so much when I screwed up the output transistors. I substituted the 2SD669/2SB649 pair with KSA1220/KSC2690 but put them in the wrong spots! They didn't react well to that somehow. When the circuit was on the breadboard there was some overshoot so I placed a .001 uF across the feedback resistor (3.3k). On the perfboard, it didn't seem to make a difference so it was left in.

It was lots of fun and I have a greater appreciation for those who do this for a living. But the fun is not quite over as it needs to go into a case. Which leads to a couple of questions:

The power supply will be in a separate case - what kind of 4 wire connector can I use to get the +/- 15 volts, circuit ground and chassis ground from one box to the other?

The 1/8" stereo jacks I bought are nice, but are not isolated. What are some alternatives for these?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-09-15-195113.jpg
    2018-09-15-195113.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 125
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.