TPA6133A2 - Headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some time ago I designed this.

There is a version with built in PSU (just scroll down a bit) but it is bigger than you would probably like. The size of the board in the link above is 3x4 cm. If mount holes and connectors are removed the board can be made much smaller. If powered from a pair of series connected butteries to get bipolar supply of about +-5V it can be really small but powerful solution.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That looks really nice Olegsh! Cool looking and cute amp.
Nice work.

643578d1509647969-universal-buffer-headamp-based-opa1622-headampassembled-jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I see you are also using a DC-DC followed by TPS7Axxxx - excellent choice. What voltages are t he TDK Lambda’s giving you and what +/-rail voltages are you using? I am using a Traco DC-DC that gives +/-24v and then the LDO’s and a cap multiplier to drop down to +/-18v. It sure is clean. Here is the amp being powered by 60Hz 120vAC main driving a 12v 800mA Class 2 transformer which drives the DC-DC, LDO, cap Mx - it looks like a battery:
688827d1529986528-simple-performance-dc-coupled-class-hpa-sub-ppm-thd-tims-hps-dc-dc-psu-142ma-1-02vpp-47r-fft-2-png

Main reason I use cap Mx is for a slow ramp up feature rather than ripple reduction.

Last edited:
Some time ago I designed this.

There is a version with built in PSU (just scroll down a bit) but it is bigger than you would probably like. The size of the board in the link above is 3x4 cm. If mount holes and connectors are removed the board can be made much smaller. If powered from a pair of series connected butteries to get bipolar supply of about +-5V it can be really small but powerful solution.
This amp looks so cute ! I think i can use OPA 1688 instead of opa1622.

I see you are also using a DC-DC followed by TPS7Axxxx - excellent choice. What voltages are t he TDK Lambda’s giving you and what +/-rail voltages are you using? I am using a Traco DC-DC that gives +/-24v and then the LDO’s and a cap multiplier to drop down to +/-18v. It sure is clean. Here is the amp being powered by 60Hz 120vAC main driving a 12v 800mA Class 2 transformer which drives the DC-DC, LDO, cap Mx - it looks like a battery:
688827d1529986528-simple-performance-dc-coupled-class-hpa-sub-ppm-thd-tims-hps-dc-dc-psu-142ma-1-02vpp-47r-fft-2-png

Main reason I use cap Mx is for a slow ramp up feature rather than ripple reduction.
Wow! This think is truelly awesome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.