(and) low noise Power MOSFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
TPS7Axxxx
This fet look like interesting replacement for bf862.
I got 50 bf862 from eBay . They turned out to be fake one.

Looks like a vendor on AliExpress can't be trusted. I just received 100 jfets that are supposed to be marked 2aw per their description, but are marked W28U. I put one on the curve tracer and it is no good. This makes 2 different suppliers from China who sold me alternate parts. :mad:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Here's a fuzzy shot of the jfets that I received tonight. Hopefully the image can be brought up full size.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 283
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Looks like a vendor on AliExpress can't be trusted. I just received 100 jfets that are supposed to be marked 2aw per their description, but are marked W28U. I put one on the curve tracer and it is no good. This makes 2 different suppliers from China who sold me alternate parts. :mad:

File a complaint and you will be refunded. Ali is good about that. Provide photo showing incorrect markings.

Codebook shows W28 as BFP280 - an NPN BJT. Not even close to a JFET.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
A bit of an update, Dibya. I found a source in China that shipped me chips marked 2aw. At first I was pretty happy to see that but something was slightly off and I noticed that they were larger than the US purchased BF862s. It was too large to fit in my SOT23-3 testing adapter, so I clipped alligators to each lead and measured on the curve tracer. The one sample appears to be a jfet but the performance was slightly worse than my genuine part. I wonder if xrk noticed a difference in size on the chips he ordered.

A bit of an update, Dibya. I found a source in China that shipped me chips marked 2aw. At first I was pretty happy to see that but something was slightly off and I noticed that they were larger than the US purchased BF862s. It was too large to fit in my SOT23-3 testing adapter, so I clipped alligators to each lead and measured on the curve tracer. The one sample appears to be a jfet but the performance was slightly worse than my genuine part. I wonder if xrk noticed a difference in size on the chips he ordered.
I am sure those slightly bigger one are made by NEXPERIA in HK.

> Some inherited from Sanyo and some really new.

Which news ones are you referring to ?
Isn't NSVJ3910 = CPH3910 (ex Sanyo) ?
And NSVJ3557 = 2SK3557 (ex Sanyo) ?

2SK2394 is certain ex-Sanyo.
J310 has been around for quite a while, from Fairchild, NXP, .... (all companies that do not exist any more).

In the latest article from Dimitri in AX, he measured noise performance of :
CPH3910, 2SK2394, 2SK932, the later LS FETs, plus MMBF5103 and BSR58.
The latter two are pleasant surprises.

;)

Cheers,
Patrick

Joined 2007
Paid Member
xrk,

That's disconcerting. I just checked with my digital calipers and the width of the body should be 1.2 mm to 1.4 mm. I measure about 1.6 mm to 1.8 mm wide.

I will just be happy with the authentic ones I have rather than hunting around for unobtainium.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.