LM4562 Headphone Amplifier wanted!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just one LM4562? That isn't much to drive headphones with.

However, since LM4562 and LME49720 are the same thing, one or the other can be used with a double sided PCB and a couple of LME49600 buffers to make a very nice headphone amp for very low cost as shown in the LME49600 data sheet.

I was thinking of LM4562 because I saw datasheet and I react on "Superior Audio Signal Fidelity". Ideal would be to have 2x LM4562 for LR channel.

And I was thinking about one layer pcb, because I am not very experienced and I am able to do only one layer PCB.

I did some research, but sometime I am confused what is "final version" as pople like to do modifications :)

I was thinking of LM4562 because I saw datasheet and I react on "Superior Audio Signal Fidelity". Ideal would be to have 2x LM4562 for LR channel.

If you were impressed by LM4562 specs, i suggest you try the LME49723. On paper the 4562 is perfect (and better than the LME) but on subjective result the 4562 is often not for everyone.

I have never heard the LME myself but it has a nice specs and especially the friendly bandwidth and slew rate (19MHz, 8V/us)

Have anyone tried this current doubler with LM4562? Any comment to the subjective result of this approach? (I have heard good and bad)

Attachments

• CurrentDoubler.png
    CurrentDoubler.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 245
I modded one of these $32 headphone amps and it sounds very good, and distortion was measured down at -105dB, not too bad. 1PCS LME49720NA+LME49600 headphone amplifier KIT | eBay

They do need to fixed up a bit to work that well though. A ground plane made out of adhesive backed copper foil, some proper decoupling caps at each IC, more power filter caps, etc. But, for low cost very hard to beat. Using the same chips and some more circuitry and better layout it is possible to get down to insanely low levels of distortion, close to -130dB. That is hard though. HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amplifier

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.