The Borbely EB602-200 Revisited

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My headphone amp is the ''All-Fet Line Amp'' EB-107/309 + ''All-FET Low Noise Regs'' EB-704/418, all dual mono with CRC filter before the Regs... According to the Line amp documentation it can drives 30 ohms in Class-A, enough for an headphone amplifier ;) As per the doc I added a 10ohms resistor in series with the output.
Volume pot is a Noble AP25.
SB

There is a discussion in the Pass forum J2 thread about the MCS version discussed here in post #5.
You can easily turn this into a power amp by changing the MOSFETs to 2SJ618.
And change R10 to 0R47, R13a to 0R24, and R13b to 0R26, using 20~24V rails.
Bias will be around 1.2A.
All components are acrively available, no unobtaniums required.

And it will have a very similar signature to the J2, dominanted by H2.

Cheers,
Patrick

I looked at that schema from linear systems. I have no clue how it works - the input drain references to a LED - that is, AC zero ohms, so no amplification - and goes to the gate of the next stage (Q102/Q112);
while the inverted pair does see 270 ohms in the drain so there is amplification there but it goes to the source of the next stage (again Q102/Q112);

• unless the next stage pair (Q102/Q112) is in fact wired as a cascoded pair.
And then after that there is a output buffer of parallelled devices. And 20k/2k (about 20 dB) feedback.
And there is a high impedance DC feedback to the same next stage via the sources of (Q102/Q112).

Not really fit for 32 ohms Fostex Planar that are on my list, I'm afraid . .

Adding a 4-transistor Wilson Mirror

In EUVL's document about this project, Post #2, he mentions, and I'm paraphrasing here:

The use of a 4-transistor Wilson mirror will not only reduce distortion, but will also improve DC offset.

I am very, very close to convincing myself to give this project a try and improved DC offset is of particular interest to me. Google shows a number of 4-transistor mirrors, but I cannot envision how to adapt them to this particular circuit.

If anybody would like to help, I would be thankful for a quick sketch showing the addition of a 4-transistor Wilson Mirror to this circuit.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> In EUVL's document about this project, Post #2, he mentions,

Which of the many references in #2?

Maybe you want this?

Attachments

• mlackey-4-42.gif
    mlackey-4-42.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 422
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.