anyone tried LM4881 amp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does the NiMH batteries give a change in working voltage supply? I would imagine the LM4881 should work a bit better, when the supply comes closer to max voltage supply = 5.5V. You could use 3x1.5V batteries

But to subjective get the impression 'better sound' can sometimes be only imagination. To see if there is a real change in 'sound' we must take messerment. To get some hard facts and numbers. Such things can be seen using square wave generator and oscilloscope.

I used two 1.5 volt battery. 470mfd input cap and 2200mfd output cap from nichicon.
The input impedance is 20kOhm. So, I would use 2.2uF Polyester cap (MKT) for the input.

What impedance does your headphones have? For 8 Ohm 2.200uF would be very right. Even if you have 32 Ohm headphones you can use 2.200uF output caps. So I would only change the input cap to a MKT 2.2uF. Eventually 4.7uF if you have.

Yes they give me 1.2v . I will try three 1.5v cell and report here . I think I can be nice little portable amp.

My headphone have 36ohms impedance . I got it a week back. It is audio technica m60x . My big sis gifted me. I will try 2.2mfd . Did you got hand on this tiny little IC ? I believe you will love it. I am wondering which ic should I use to protect lithium ion battery and charge them.

Charge lithium ion. You should ask this in 'Power Supplies' forum. Start a thread there with a good describing subject.

There are a number of different IC to charge batteries. I do not know which is good for lithium ion.

EDIT: I did a search at my electronics supplier. They sell this one: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/1510fc.pdf LT1510CN is a 16pin DIP IC. It can charge several different batteries. Among them Lithium Ion.

There can be some more simple IC. I am sure

What I found in the web: MCP-73831 is one of many cheap integrated Li-Ion chargers available on the market. SOT-23 package, cost: < 1USD. That one seems to be simple and good. And small. PDF: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prototyping/Batteries/MCP73831T.pdf enjoy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.