Clone Audio Technica Class A AT-HA5000 FET Transistor Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! That’s the one...

So I’m now wondering how the more recent, and previously mentioned on this thread, zero zone (with the green board) stacks up? I searched the Chinese auction sites for a schematic but never found one.

Is it safe to assume that because the previous offering by them had been a direct copy more or less, that perhaps they repackaged it more for convenience this time with the same circuit I wonder?

Attachments

• 651B864B-C67A-4791-A783-EB84DD45E4B3.jpeg
    651B864B-C67A-4791-A783-EB84DD45E4B3.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 550
I don't know exactly why they did this "upgrade" :D:D:D … but yes it's probably a copyright issue.

If you really want a 1:1 AHT clone, try to get the "old" pcb.
The original Zero Zone green PCB kit is a direct copy of the Shanling PH100 headphone amp which received glowing reviews, but was out of production for many years. The real schematic or service manual of the AT AH-5000 have not been available to the DIY community. No one can say for sure how close a clone it is.

The Breeze Audio PCB is completely different from the Zero Zone board and much simplified. It is a clone of the HA5000 in name only. Its topology is very similar to the E5 headphone amp board. If it is built with carefully selected components and biased in Class A mode, it can sound very good indeed.

The original Zero Zone green PCB kit is a direct copy of the Shanling PH100 headphone amp which received glowing reviews, but was out of production for many years. The real schematic or service manual of the AT AH-5000 have not been available to the DIY community. No one can say for sure how close a clone it is.

I have spent a lot of time comparing all the available information, photos and talking with people who have the original and I´m convinced that both are almost identical: for example they even added the capacitors that go from the chassis to the pcb ground (small capacitors next to the RCAs), all the wire bridges... minor details but EMO show how careful this pcb is.

You may or may not agree with me on that but the reality is that this clone sounds pretty good.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I guess we will always have the benefit of the doubt. :):):)

P.D: I also have friends who own the Shanling PH100 and were very satisfied. :nod::nod::nod:

I have spent a lot of time comparing all the available information, photos and talking with people who have the original and I´m convinced that both are almost identical: for example they even added the capacitors that go from the chassis to the pcb ground (small capacitors next to the RCAs), all the wire bridges... minor details but EMO show how careful this pcb is.

You may or may not agree with me on that but the reality is that this clone sounds pretty good.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I guess we will always have the benefit of the doubt. :):):)

P.D: I also have friends who own the Shanling PH100 and were very satisfied. :nod::nod::nod:
I know that you have done some work on the AT HA-5000 clones. But I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

Ropha3r post the schematic of both the Zero Zone green PCB kit and that of the simplified one in Phase posted picture. AT-HA-5000 schematic in Post #105

They are very different and the later one is much simplier and not a clone of the Shanling PH100 circuit at all.

I know that you have done some work on the AT HA-5000 clones. But I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

Sorry Keilau, possibly this is due to the language. I am trying to say is that the Zero-zone amplifier (green pcb) and the ATH clone (semi translucent PCB) are not the same.

I think there is confusion since the zero-zone green pcb, IMO is not an ATH5000 as suggested.

Sorry Keilau, possibly this is due to the language. I am trying to say is that the Zero-zone amplifier (green pcb) and the ATH clone (semi translucent PCB) are not the same.

I think there is confusion since the zero-zone green pcb, IMO is not an ATH5000 as suggested.
I agree that non of the e-bay AT HA-5000 clone are the real thing. Some did not even try to copy, thus, is in name only. The Zero Zone kit is a Shanling PH-100 copy and "may be" closest to the AT HA-5000.

The E5 does bear some resemblance to the ha5000, would explain the good performance of the hobby/diy board.
That KHD-2000 is specifically described as having the ha5000 circuit, so that may well be one to try out. It has a pretty large amount (8 X 3300uf) of low esr Panasonic FC parts on board, and I might question the likelihood of the bridge diodes to survive over time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.