Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

TV sound isolation--1 room, 2 humans?
TV sound isolation--1 room, 2 humans?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2018, 03:34 PM   #11
bicefalo is offline bicefalo  Italy
diyAudio Member

If your TV set has one toslink digital output, You can use this :

PROZOR DAC Digital SPDIF Toslink to Analog Stereo Audio: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

use it for headphones transnmitter and mute TV , if muting does not affect digital output.

This device needs an USB 5V psu , like this one :

Slim Line Plug USB Power Adaptor Charger USA 5V 1500mA: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Last edited by bicefalo; 3rd February 2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 3rd February 2018, 03:58 PM   #12
Markg2 is offline Markg2  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, they're Creative AC powered. The pin connection to the TV has been getting spotty on one channel for a time now. I presume that sort of thing has to do with the pin and not the TV's output socket.

This may be getting all too complicated but just for information, is there such a thing as a two channel Bluetooth transmitter that could be optionally paired with her headphones and 'new' wireless TV speakers? Changing the channel would have to be done either at the transmitter (me) or at the headphone (wife)?

If not, I'm getting the last combo from Amazon for ~$69

Mark

TV sound isolation--1 room, 2 humans?Hide this!Advertise here!