Is this CMOY layout good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i found this pcb of CMOY headamp and want to know is it any good. Does it have any flaws?

cMoy Headphone amplifier with standard enclosure from akafugu on Tindie

cmoy-assembly-1.jpg

cmoy-assembly-2.jpg

Thanks.

So i found this pcb of CMOY headamp and want to know is it any good. Does it have any flaws?

Thanks.

Hi nenad88,

Did you manage to get this ordered and delivered, I am also looking for a CMOY PCB - I have been building one on a prototype board and finding it annoying :)

The reason I am asking is the last comment is from 2016 and the link you showed suggests "out of stock"

Thanks

Chunks

OK thanks for your reply, I am looking for a decent PCB with through hole design suitable for a beginner and I thought this might work.

Now I ma looking at possibly getting a super CMOY board, only issue is that it has SM components, which I am not familiar / confident with

Chunks

Whats an A-47?

EDIT : Sorry I found it - I'm gonna buy one for soldering practice!

That's exactly what I was wondering. What in the hell is a A-47?:confused:

After looking at it, it appears that "soldering practice" is all that worthless NE5532 kit is for...LOL.

Upon examining the board, I don't see any provisions for the four .1uF PS decoupling caps for the 5532s.
And that hideous volume pot is guaranteed to have horrible channel imbalance issues at lower levels.
Then again...this is a classic example of "you get what you pay for".
Thank god they don't ship this worthless kit to the good ole' U.S.A.:)

If you're into single op-amp designs, a OPA134 version of the CMOY would probably provide better SQ...if one exists.
There are several op-amp designs on this forum that will sound better than the CMOY or the infamous "A-47". Perhaps that is short for a AK-47 rifle?? Who knows.

Now...let's bust out the moonshine and soldering iron and practice on a good ole' A-47 from Amazon.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.