A supper dac & headphone amp with ES9038pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DAC: ES9038pro

Input: S/PDIF,support PCM 44.1-192KHZ,and DSD64 via DOP

Output:Blance XLR to headphone ,or normal connect to headphone

Blance or normal connect to any other amp

Drive an output transformer to output Blance or normal

Output buffer: OPA1622*4

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 557
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 556
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 548
That looks really interesting. What is the IV circuit? Are you using one half of the Opa1622 for the IV and the other half as a buffer? Where can you get the Opa1622 mounted on a DIP adapter?

No,i use the Voltage mode,So do not need IV conversion

And,i use dual NE5532AFE for LPF

I make the OPA1622 to DIP with a Conversion board

Attachments

• 1622.jpg
    1622.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 508
No,i use the Voltage mode,So do not need IV conversion

And,i use dual NE5532AFE for LPF

I make the OPA1622 to DIP with a Conversion board

I think the OPA1622 has a high enough output current and a low enough noise to be very suitable as IV op amp for the high out put current of the ES9038pro and that would improve the technical performance of your DAC. If you do try it out, please give us your feedback.
The problem with the OPA1622 for many DIYers is the package it comes in but the conversion board you have made goes some way to alleviate this problem. It would still be a difficult soldering job. Would it be possible to buy some of these conversion boards from you? Even better would be the Opa1622 pre-soldered.

I think the OPA1622 has a high enough output current and a low enough noise to be very suitable as IV op amp for the high out put current of the ES9038pro and that would improve the technical performance of your DAC. If you do try it out, please give us your feedback.
The problem with the OPA1622 for many DIYers is the package it comes in but the conversion board you have made goes some way to alleviate this problem. It would still be a difficult soldering job. Would it be possible to buy some of these conversion boards from you? Even better would be the Opa1622 pre-soldered.

I was originally intended to do as you said,but But gave up,Because the test of a variety of IV way, and now this method works best,sounds very good !

I'm glad to help you

Last edited:
I was originally intended to do as you said,but But gave up,Because the test of a variety of IV way, and now this method works best,sounds very good !

I'm glad to help you

Thats really interesting. Obviously the Vout is the easiest to implement with just some passive resistors/capacitors but in theory you cant achieve the 138dB DNR and the extremely low THD that the ES9038pro is theoretically capable of achieving with Iout. Are you saying that you have tried a number of IV circuits but the simpe Vout sounds the best? Can you please share your experience and subjective impressions?

Thats really interesting. Obviously the Vout is the easiest to implement with just some passive resistors/capacitors but in theory you cant achieve the 138dB DNR and the extremely low THD that the ES9038pro is theoretically capable of achieving with Iout. Are you saying that you have tried a number of IV circuits but the simpe Vout sounds the best? Can you please share your experience and subjective impressions?

The ES9038 has two output modes,you don't need any resistors/capacitors to do a IV

Attachments

• QQ??20170816174649.jpg
    QQ??20170816174649.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 490
hello,
nice dac :)
is the es9038pro able to manage external clock? exspecially 24.576 mhz?
if some sampling rates dont work it doesnt matter.

How much shall the dac cost?

Thank you

it works to 192KHZ via spdif, the es9038pro request a lowest clock frequency 386FS when spdif, so, if you use a 22.5792MHZ, it can only work in 44.1 and 48khz.

I had tested, the higher the frequency effect the better,below 100MHZ,so i use a 75MHZ,but no to high

I sell it on taobao ,it seems that many friends don't know how to use Taobao

Last edited:
hello,
as i understand it from your massage the 24,xxx mhz enought for 192mhz?
do you already offer it on taobao?

have you planned an external clock connector (sma/ufl)?

do you offer the dac with rca/bnc connectors or is it possible that you add them to the dac?

both rca and bnc can connet to the dac by yourself, just so easy

but the external clock can not be connected to the dac,because the MCU have some Set item can not be change by user

I have not decided when to put Taobao,because i want to add a i2s input ,isolated

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 268
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.